What is it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ecotramper412

Reaction score
I replied to a craigslist add about a "very rare and unique bottle" and was sent the picture below. Any ideas? I'm not going to get it, but I'm still very curious what it is...

Something for chemistry? A bird feeder?
[align=left] [/align]

E9D643D9E2344025BAE0B50D6E0B243C.jpg

Attachments

• E9D643D9E2344025BAE0B50D6E0B243C.jpg
    E9D643D9E2344025BAE0B50D6E0B243C.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 38

epackage

Reaction score
Looks very "chemically".....if that's a word...

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello; These bottles are referred to as Wolff bottles. I have three of them with multiple spouts (2 &3) on the top of the same type of bottle. Yours is unique because it is laying down.. Does it have a flattened side for it to lay on?

If you were to visit the Thomas Edison Laboratory in Fort Myers, FL; you will see several of them in his chemical set-ups.
Yours is a neat one - I would like to see a few more pictures of yours, for my files. Thanks for the inquiry and showing what you have found. RED Matthews

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Red! Do the holes generally go all the way through in a tube or do they open up to the inside of the bottle?

Its not actually my bottle, but someone I responded to on craigslist. I'll pm you her email, I'm sure she would be willing to trade some pics for info.

[align=left] [/align]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
OK ecotramper412; Thanks again. I will watch for the pm.. I also use the email <bottlemysteries@yahoo> for bottle information exchanges.

The tubes go into the the bottle cavity. In the case of this one, I am quite sure there were three different feeder hose lines that put a mixture in the bottle and the one on the end took the mixture our. In the making of some products at
Thomas Edison's :lab, I am sure some of the set-ups had to do with his battery creations. Unfortunately I have never found any book coverage of these bottles.

What kind of glass do you collect? You can tell me in the pm or an email. You can also visit my homepage.
Thanks RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology