what is this, please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

animal

Reaction score
I'm new to this, so please bear with me. My wife and I own a cleaning company here in Tucson, Az. and one of our teams broke this bottle in one of our houses. None of the antique dealers here in town have seen this bottle, let alone have one for me to buy to replace it. They say, "oh, what a neat bottle". HELP!!!!!!!!. I have included a few pictures for help in identifying the bottle. All I know of it is thats its hex shaped, 2 areas for what looks to be labels applied, nice diamond quilt pattern, mold lines go through the neck though it doesnt show real well, and a #3 on the bottom of the bottle, only mark I have seen even with a magnifying glass. I need one of these to replace the one we broke. If any members in this forum know of one exactly like this for sale, I need it. Contact me via email and i will work out payment and shipping. Of course, I tried ebay and no luck there. Thank you all in advance for the help, I'm outta luck here in this town

Om32135.jpg

Attachments

• Om32135.jpg
    Om32135.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 89

maineahh62

Reaction score
hello animal, glad to see you got the picture posted, the base is nice and thick, look's nicely made, it looks as though the seem goes to the lip that should indicate that it is not to old, as far as a value that would be placed with the owner of the bottle, what did they pay for it?,what is it worth to them, is the bottle pictured here the broken one? the owner would be able to give you your best answer, but in general i can not give you any reliable info on the bottle, i wish i could, but there are some member's here who just might, keep your eye on your post and good luck.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Check Wal-Mart or your local craft store for a replacement. This looks like one of the great variety of decorative bottles being made in China. They come in a variety of colors and shapes.

vtspring

Reaction score
I AGREE WITH HARRY,ANOTHER PLACE TO CHECK FOR ONE WOULD BE PIER 1 IMPORTS, IF YOU HAVE ONE IN YOUR AREA.

animal

Reaction score
Hi all, thank you for your responses so far. I tried all the places you suggested and then some others we have locally, no luck. Pier one, Linen and Things, Michaels, Jo Annes Crafts, Ben Franklin Crafts, and 11 thrift stores, Bed Bath and Beyond, chinese grocery, korean, thai, japanese grocery, mexican import companies, most major retailers, Walmart ,Kmart, Costco , Macys, Dillards, Pennys, Sears, ETC.,and a partridge in a pear tree, lol. No luck. So i will keep checking back here, 131 hits so far(ty for trying).

Bluebelle

Reaction score
One more thought - perhaps you've already done this, but how about checking liquor stores in your area - especially older more established ones, or owner-operated. --show them the picture, maybe they would recognize it. Am thinking it could have held some sort of liquer or wine. Good luck, let us know if you find out what it is.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I hate to see you chasing after a replacement for this two-dollar bottle. Won't the owner just accept an apology and some cleaning service?

If you are bound and determined to find a replacement, search eBay and check the local flea-market.

Good luck!

animal

Reaction score
my thanks to flasherr in texas for finding this bottle, buying it and shipping it to me. What a great forum you all got here, and the response was overwelming. Gratz to all for a great site, definately a spot in my favorites list. Texas yet! Who would have thought.............

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem