What is this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pastorerik

Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone give me info on this item. What is it? Approx. Value? Year? I assume it is iodine or mecurochrome. As you can see the little stem is intack. (whats the proper name for that?) I will be selling this item on eBay. Thanks.

Pn37768.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37768.jpg
    Pn37768.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 76

Bottleman

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you are right with an iodine bottle. I actually have two of theses and both have the red stuff on the inside and it wont come out! I am not sure of the proper name for the glass rod but i always call them "glass droppers". Instead of trying to pour one drop out they would simply pull it out of the bottle and one drop would come out. If you stuck it on eBay it may only bring $2-$7 if you are lucky. They are pretty common but they are cool little bottles.

drjhostetters

Reaction score
How about a "stopper-dropper"?

Keep on droppin'...

The Doc...[X(]

pastorerik

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Any idea on age? I posted another bottle on here and received some excellent info. I was told that if it has seams going all the way up to the lip it is dated up to 1910. Would that be the same for this little bottle?

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
I know they were still selling Mecurochrome into the 1950's. At that time the stoppers were rubber with the glass rod imbedded. Had to let it dry on skin around cuts or scratches, if you got any on clothes you would never get the stain out. Think people went to salves and methiolate about that time. We referred to the glass rod as a glass dauber as opposed to cotton dauber in shoe polish bottles.I must be getting ancient I remember throwing those in the trash.[:D] Looks like your bottle might be 20's -30's as there is cork around the glass dauber.
Cliff

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4