Where are the old dumps ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bombboy

Reaction score
Hey there Miker, I'm in Gloversville, just up the hill from Fonda/Fultonville. Travel to Albany everyday for work, wondering how many dump sites there are along the way.
Welcome aboard.

Bombboy

miker31567

Reaction score
Thx for the welcome bombboy. I would imagine there's quite a few dumps along ur way to Albany. They seem to be all over the place near the marsh and river areas. I have Madpaddla to thank for that info.

madpaddla

Reaction score
Miker:
Congrats on the finds. Keep it up. This site is loaded with info. The maps are a real help also. I'm about 2 hrs from albany, got some friends in Saratoga Springs. Best of luck.
Madpaddla

miker31567

Reaction score
Here's just about 1/2 of what I found my 1st and 2nd time out.

B0770660AF7D405F85C4035B2848CA2D.jpg

Attachments

• B0770660AF7D405F85C4035B2848CA2D.jpg
    B0770660AF7D405F85C4035B2848CA2D.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 61

steveinlanc

Reaction score
Lancaster County PA?

Hey I'm in Lancaster PA. Anyone know where some of the older dumps are around this area? I've dug at the huge dump outside Marietta a bunch of times and never came out with squat. Really interested in any dumps used by Lancaster city in the early days, but also anything else county-wide.

bottlediger

Reaction score
RE: Lancaster County PA?

Steve, I found a dump in lancaster once, its rather big and pretty deep i bottomed out around 15 ft in a spot. Cant remeber the exact location without going there again but its behind a school in a woods next to an Army Armory. Im sure you'll find it. If you find anything from York Pa, hold on to it for me since Im hooking ya up [;)]

Digger Ry

steveinlanc

Reaction score

Do you remember what part of town or anything about the area? I'm not coming up with any armories next to a school.

miker31567

Reaction score

Hey everybody...steve and digger just gave me an idea. If anyone, or at least as many that can, want to give us an idea of where you are finding your dumps, that would be greatfully appreciated and very helpful to all of us. I dont wanna know where "your" dump or dumps are. Just an idea of say, in what area of ur city or town, and maybe, what landmarks may be around, stuff like that. Maybe we can get an idea and do the research we need to find them in our own areas. A couple ideas so far are near rivers and railroads.

bottlediger

Reaction score

In raviens or naturally sunken areas, swamps, behind foundations, celler holes, etc

ravinedigger

Reaction score

In naturally occurring ravines, out in the woods.

-Rod

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960