Where can I buy a probe?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleDig1

Reaction score
Where can I buy a probe or the materials to make one? I would prefer going to a store and not ordering one through the mail. I want a long probe to search for outhouse pits and hidden dumps. I live in Alabama and the closest hardware/home improvement store is Lowe's.
Any info will be greatly appreciated!

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi BottleDig1, if you Search this site there is a member here who makes and sell's probe's (I can't remember who sorry) . if you can't make one up yourself you can always go to a local welding shop, they will make one up for a small fee.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Bottledig, check back in the history of some of the messages posted here and you'll find a discussion regarding this very topic. If you have an used auto parts reclamation and selection and storage for possible sales establishment nearby (JUNKYARD) lol - nearby check to see if they have any old relics from the 70s or 80s around. Preferably a big tank, like a caddy, chrysler etc., they have two rods in under the rear window deck that controled the opening/closing of the trunk lid. They are made out of spring steel, and the perfect diameter and length for a probe! I know up this way, we still have some yards that let you go out and get what you need and then haggle over the price. Be careful if you remove it yourself as it does have a 'spring' to it! lol

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Digger, I agree it's easier to buy one and to support our fellow forum members, I guess my DYI kicks in gear sometimes. I might also say I'm working up a design for my own tumbler, it's not that I'm cheap, I just enjoy the challenge, and most of my raw materials are free!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter