Where can you sell these bottles????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lmtae2

Reaction score
I hope this isn't an illegal subject but where is the best place to sell these bottles? My work is built on a landfill and they are digging it up everywhere, so there are bottles everywhere. I have picked up around 50-100 bottles so far. I have cleaned them the best I can. I think they must be from the early 1900's - From the similar bottles I have seen here and knowing that the plant was built somewhere in the 30's I think. There are a few that I am keeping as the are pretty etc. I have invested days in cleaning these bottles. I am thinking ebay as I have no idea what they are worth, and knowing that others do, I will most likely get what I deserve for them. Is there a better place? A place dedicated just to Bottles? Or am I on the right track? Thanks in Advance.

lmtae2

Reaction score
PS. I want to post some of the bottles on here as I get ready to sell them. I'd be very interested in knowing what kind they are or what they were used for. I have some that are similar to others or the same thing, perhaps familiar, but I just can't place them. The Lystol, clorox, mylanta, ponds, epson, whisky, etc is easy as they are etched, but some look like a flower vase or something. Weird but interesting, I'd love to know.THanks!

BTW, What is it called when a bottle is like frosted on the outside, like dimpled all over? Like maybe a dr pepper bottle, not sure, But I have some that are brown beer looking bottles and a couple clear ones with this type of dimpling. I assume for gripping purposes.

capsoda

Reaction score
If you can post pic of your bottles people on this forum will be glad to help.

The dimples are part of the embossing. In some markets there was heavy compitition and bottlers bought fancy bottles to try and get an edge. Also older poison bottles were often covered with dimples or hobnails to let the user know it was poison in case they couldn't read or picked it up in the dark.

Oh yeah, Ebay or flea markets and bottle shows are you best bet for selling bottles.

lmtae2

Reaction score
Thanks again Warren, this site is really helping alot. I remember I found a "cracked" looking clearer glass. Small like a medicine bottle. Wish I had it back now. Gave it to a boyfriend.lol But I've never seen anything like it since. Know anything about that style of Cracked looking glass?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete