Which one is more rare

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
I recently saw on a website a cobalt Smith & Co sided soda that up for sale.
In the description it stated that cobalt Smiths were rare and the green ones were more common.
Happen to both own bottles in cobalt and green. I haven't seen almost any green version of this bottle.
However, I have seen quite a few cobalt ones that were up for sale over time.
So, can anyone help me out on this question.
I posted a photo of my cobalt Smith, green one needs tumbling so no photo right now.
Thanks,
opmustard

Attachments

• IMG_3985[1].JPG
    IMG_3985[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 154

Nickneff

Reaction score
In the description it stated that cobalt Smiths were rare and the green ones were more common.
Happen to both own bottles in cobalt and green. I haven't seen almost any green version of this bottle.
I posted a photo of my cobalt Smith, green one needs tumbling so no photo right now.
Thanks,
opmustard
Dude with bottles like that who cares they're awesome super cool those bottles r running neck-and-neck on value I would say the green ones probably maybe just a little bit ahead it would be very difficult for me they even depart with those great show and tell appreciate the beautiful scenery you got wow

opmustard

Reaction score
Dude with bottles like that who cares they're awesome super cool those bottles r running neck-and-neck on value I would say the green ones probably maybe just a little bit ahead it would be very difficult for me they even depart with those great show and tell appreciate the beautiful scenery you got wow
Thank your great comments on my bottles and yard.
I really would like to know which is rarer than the other when it comes to color.
opmustard

sandchip

Reaction score
Thanks,
opmustard

I wouldn't know, but if you know Mike Newman, Chip Brewer or Jamie Westendorff, any one of them should be more than capable of telling you.

opmustard

Reaction score
I wouldn't know, but if you know Mike Newman, Chip Brewer or Jamie Westendorff, any one of them should be more than capable of telling you.
Thank for giving me somwone who would be able to answer my question.
Unfortunatley, I don't know any of them. How could I contact them?
opmustard

opmustard

Reaction score
Thank for giving me somwone who would be able to answer my question.
Unfortunatley, I don't know any of them. How could I contact them?
opmustard
I called Jamie and he clearly straighten out my question about the rarity of the two colors.
Thank you again for your help.
opmustard

Huntindog

Reaction score
opmustard,
So which one is rarer??

Oh and dose your green one have Charleston on it?

opmustard

Reaction score
opmustard,
So which one is rarer??

Oh and dose your green one have Charleston on it?
I talked with some knowledgeable diggers/collectors that have digging and collecting for a long time.
They all agree that the cobalt Smith & Co. is the rarer. I haven't seen too many green ones come for sale, so I got curious.
I began collecting and once in awhile digging (with some very good luck) Southern sodas about 22 years ago. I just like East Coast sodas & minerals a lot more than lets say West Coast ones ( just a personal preferance.)
I don't know if my green Smith is embossed with Charleston. I have it in my garage, its waiting to be tumbled. I'll take a look and post if it does or doesn't.
Opmustard

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen