Which Stopple Type to Use?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wedigforyou

Reaction score
Hi Barb, I'm a newbie to tumbling myself but it sounds like you may be using way too much grit. That's pricey stuff, girl. I was told by jar doctor to use 1/2 the amount of silicon carbide then you'd use of the alum oxide polish. For a hutch you'd easily get away with 1/2 teaspoon or less. Am I wrong fellow tumblers? I still have not aquired a knack for completely removing the etching left by the sc. Any bottle I cut never looks completely clear.

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
No Aaron...he's not a bottle fan yet. I got a few NorCal blob beers hoping to get him interested, but without the contents they're worthless to him! He is supportive though...goes to shows (he's the guy you'll see sleeping in the car), acts interested when I talk about bottles (as long as I keep it brief), and likes troubleshooting the tumbler. I'm still interested in that Stockton bottle; can you email a picture and a price?

Oh yeah, I'm a newbie wedigforyou....just trying to figure out a few problem areas....and having fun doing it!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I haven't forgotten ya. I'll get some pictures sent to you today. PM me you email so I can attach pics. I have a couple emails from you, but there mixed in with the other 15,000 emails in my in box and I really don't feel like searching through them all. As for a price, I was hoping to work out a trade. If not for another bottle, I am in need of some tumbling done.

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
You've seen my tumbling results...are you SURE you wouldn't rather just sell the bottle?

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
Hi Barbara I sent you a email I am interested in bottle got traders or can buy if you want to sell.

oldcrowncollector

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2