My years long search for a bottle display solution come to fruition at last.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KungFu

Reaction score
This is a wall mount display case, 39" x 39" x 6" with two led top lights and mirror back. Shelves are adjustable and the sliding glass doors lock. There is an on/off switch, but you have to unlock the case to get to it. It plugs into an outlet so I may install an in-line switch or use a timer. The lights are fully swivelable from the outside top.

Four shelves, 38" x 4", 12 bottles per shelf, spaced for 10", 8", 8", 9" - 48 bottles total. All four glass shelves are used, the bottom one just above the bottom frame. I placed clear acrylic picture frame spacing strips with adhesive on one side down the length of the shelves, 1" from the back so the bottles line up perfectly straight. [Nature abhors a straight line, but I don't.] Note: specs say the glass is .27" thick with 67 lbs capacity per shelf.

Installation instructions said to install the two 'Z' bottom brackets with sheet rock anchors, nay, I say. 9 2.5" screws into a horizontal stud. The top with four supplied 1.5" sheet rock anchors plus the center with a 2.5" screw into a vertical stud. Top bracket is slightly lower to contain all weight on the bottom bracket.

Be advised that this is not an inexpensive solution, made worse by current freight shipping costs - it delivers fully assembled.

Installation tips: I cut 3" pieces of the acrylic spacers to lie in front of the permanent strip so I could lie all shelves on the bottom flat but not touching each other (easier to separate, for one). Try not to completely unscrew the brackets, the nuts in the rear left can get swallowed up into the base through a gap in the corner. The tolerance is quite tight, there is 1/4" gap between the top of the tallest bottle on the shelf and the bottom of the next higher shelf.

Due to the HVAC system behind the wall, some of my bottles were 'walking', primarily the top left corner. I heat a block of paraffin wax with heat gun until a film of melted wax is created, swipe the bottle across it and stick it on the shelf (literally). I positioned one improperly, no problem; let cool, give it a twist to break the seal, rub / break the wax off, do it again. You might want to do all bottles if you have a cat in the house or live in an earthquake zone.

Attachments

• Display case 1.jpg
    Display case 1.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Display case 1b.jpg
    Display case 1b.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 375
  • Display case 2.jpg
    Display case 2.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Display case b.jpg
    Display case b.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Man that looks awesome. You did a great job. I love the art deco bottles also. I have a few on shelves with my SS Cokes. When I have company they look right past my old coca cola bottles and comment about the art deco bottles.

Roy

Reaction score
This is a wall mount display case, 39" x 39" x 6" with two led top lights and mirror back. Shelves are adjustable and the sliding glass doors lock. There is an on/off switch, but you have to unlock the case to get to it. It plugs into an outlet so I may install an in-line switch or use a timer. The lights are fully swivelable from the outside top.

Four shelves, 38" x 4", 12 bottles per shelf, spaced for 10", 8", 8", 9" - 48 bottles total. All four glass shelves are used, the bottom one just above the bottom frame. I placed clear acrylic picture frame spacing strips with adhesive on one side down the length of the shelves, 1" from the back so the bottles line up perfectly straight. [Nature abhors a straight line, but I don't.] Note: specs say the glass is .27" thick with 67 lbs capacity per shelf.

Installation instructions said to install the two 'Z' bottom brackets with sheet rock anchors, nay, I say. 9 2.5" screws into a horizontal stud. The top with four supplied 1.5" sheet rock anchors plus the center with a 2.5" screw into a vertical stud. Top bracket is slightly lower to contain all weight on the bottom bracket.

Be advised that this is not an inexpensive solution, made worse by current freight shipping costs - it delivers fully assembled.

Installation tips: I cut 3" pieces of the acrylic spacers to lie in front of the permanent strip so I could lie all shelves on the bottom flat but not touching each other (easier to separate, for one). Try not to completely unscrew the brackets, the nuts in the rear left can get swallowed up into the base through a gap in the corner. The tolerance is quite tight, there is 1/4" gap between the top of the tallest bottle on the shelf and the bottom of the next higher shelf.

Due to the HVAC system behind the wall, some of my bottles were 'walking', primarily the top left corner. I heat a block of paraffin wax with heat gun until a film of melted wax is created, swipe the bottle across it and stick it on the shelf (literally). I positioned one improperly, no problem; let cool, give it a twist to break the seal, rub / break the wax off, do it again. You might want to do all bottles if you have a cat in the house or live in an earthquake zone.
Nice job KungFu...

Very classy. Museum quality.
Great looking display. Roy

UnderMiner

Reaction score
A connoisseur of fancy classic sodas I see, excellent taste, and a very attractive display!

KungFu

Reaction score
Details on the "fancy classic sodas" [NFS] pictured in the display case starting top left . . .

Just in case you wonder.

Attachments

• Display Case Contents.jpg
    Display Case Contents.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

embe

Reaction score
Nice how the mirror allows different viewing angles. I did the same when building a marble display a while back. Looks great. Nice collection.

KungFu

Reaction score
Nice how the mirror allows different viewing angles. I did the same when building a marble display a while back. Looks great. Nice collection.
That's a definite plus, but [art deco] bottles are best illuminated from behind, and this is one way to achieve that, even and especially in ambient light (display lights off). The light reflects back from the mirror thus backlighting the bottle so you can see the details from the front (in addition to the rear view presentation).

The most usual approach for backlighting is to build shelves in front of windows and another would be in front of an LED light panel. I settled on this solution after considering the others. Wasn't exactly certain what the results would be, but I'm quite satisfied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Looks great - and I do not blame you one bit for ignoring their instruction to put drywall anchors to hold the display - better safe (9x over) than sorry!

KungFu

Reaction score
Looks great - and I do not blame you one bit for ignoring their instruction to put drywall anchors to hold the display - better safe (9x over) than sorry!
The instructions also said to use a minimum of 4 anchors per bracket (they supplied many more). I suppose that may be adequate if you never put anything in it; but then what's the point of having it? I envisioned something very different.

Here are the product images with the case practically devoid of content weight.

Attachments

• display case 1.jpg
    display case 1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 86
  • display case 2.jpg
    display case 2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

TexasRancher

Reaction score

I sure do like looking at everyone's special bottle collection and what individuals are collecting. We all are a strange group of people...myself included....people would laugh at what I'm collecting. I only collect Sand Bank N.Y. blob-top soda bottles....and they're getting really difficult to find. Those are nice lighted cabinets. Those HVAC squirrel cage blowers are notorious about vibrations....usually a slightly bent motor shaft, rubber mounts wearing/tearing, or dusty-cage fan unbalanced. Probably time to replace motor, clean fan/check fan balance and check add new mounts.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen