why I switched from CW Relics to bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/sch/civilwarartillery1862/m.html?hash=item2316c4e9f3&item=150705859059&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

just a sample of the CW reproductions/fakes being sold. Makes it hard to trust anything being sold.
yes they are identified as repos now, you think they will be at the next flea market they are resold at?
Lets hope this never happens in the bottle world.

ktbi

Reaction score
All those buttons sure held up well for being 150 years old. They are all shiny, clean, and highly polished. And we're fortunate to find hundreds of belt buckles still impaled with the original bullet they stopped. That and all the bullets melded when they met mid-air and found still in loving embrace. PT would be proud.....Ron

Plumbata

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea that all those different kinds of shells were being reproduced.

Despite being modern, the prices seem very reasonable. Sadly, I am sure that more than just a few shells have been purchased and sold at a 1,000% markup. The other things are obvious but those shells look pretty convincing from my vantage point on this side of the internets.

Thanks for pointing that out.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
fortunately for us , authentic looking embossed bottles are not an easy nut to crack for the overseas antique mills.

Plumbata

Reaction score
OK, after seeing the seller's ~9 year old son easily holding up the "100 pounder" Parrott shell, and sloppy paint job on the "fuses", I have decided that these repro shells are actually not very convincing at all, LOL.[:D]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

http://www.ebay.com/sch/civilwarartillery1862/m.html?hash=item2316c4e9f3&item=150705859059&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

just a sample of the CW reproductions/fakes being sold. Makes it hard to trust anything being sold.
yes they are identified as repos now, you think they will be at the next flea market they are resold at?
Lets hope this never happens in the bottle world.
[8D] Sorry to say, flea bay allready has a few auctions of repro case gins and black glass bottles that are made overseas, they are denoted in the e-bay auctions as repos but as you say the next guy wanting to unload them may not say that they are repops.....

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
OK, after seeing the seller's ~9 year old son easily holding up the "100 pounder" Parrott shell, and sloppy paint job on the "fuses", I have decided that these repro shells are actually not very convincing at all, LOL.

correct. Dug projectiles would be very difficult to fake. Those are just display items. I have no problems with them.
Plus , real projectiles are an ebay/USPS big no no.
I shipped a Hotchkiss round once through the mail but it was before 911/anthrax scare and all that.
No way i'd chance it now days. At best you'd have some bomb squad goon blowing it up, they love to blow up disarmed civil war ordanance for some reason[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28