Wife's Grandmother's collection best route?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cigar joe

Reaction score
I'm a bottle digger from the 70's, know a little bit about bottles, but never tried to sell any. The wife's grandmother (lived in New Mexico) dies and leaves her son, my wifes father, her collections, not only bottles, but buttons, plates, antiqiues, victrolas, etc enough to outfit a shop practically.

He's wondering the best route to sell these collections (he's up in Montana) we are now in the Hudson Valley, so the wife wants to help out.

Any suggestions? He sent us digital images of massses of bottles, a whole shelf of inks for example, a lot of amethyst canning jars, glass pitchers, plates, beer bottles, some stoneware, you name it.

We have a Kovel's but without having the collection right in front of us you really can't make out anything specific, and anyway it seems the the Kovel's is lacking in some areas. Any suggestions on any other pricing books or the best way to handel this.

Thanks in advance.

old digger

Reaction score
You might try finding the new addition of Trash OR Treasure or The World's Most Accurate Antiques & Collectibles & Other Treasures Guide TO Over 5,000 Items ,The items you named usually sell good just about anywhere.

cigar joe

Reaction score
Thanks old digger, will see what we can do. She's trying to get him to drive the collection back east here so we can start cataloging the stuff. Thanks for your suggestions.

David E

Reaction score
If you had some real unique Pattern Glass I would be Interested. Also I have quite a few antique books and most of the time the items you are looking for are not there. But sometimes you can come close and that is how I mainly go on. Unless you buy the specilty books and that would run you out of bucks, if you needed them all. Well Kovels makes antique books to. Auction's are the fastest way to get rid of it but have no knowledge if you would win or lose at that. Sounds great what you have, lots of luck.
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles