Wiping dug bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I thought it was generally accepted to fill when done, or at least place warnings around the perimeter that there is a hole, else you or the land-owners could get in serious trouble if someone got "hurt" in one. I rarely dig, but I always fill what I dug back in before I leave.

BobbyCommonBottles

Reaction score
I've dug out in the middle of nowhere far away from any houses....dug pits so big it would take all day to refill....I usually do...but there have been times that I haven't. The pits are usually pretty clear and you can see them....it's not like a trap or anything. I have been to dumps where there are pits all over... so why cover one hole if there are 20 others.

groundsloth

Reaction score
Bottle diggers are a special breed, most people wouldn't go through the effort even if they knew there were valuables down there. So......most of us can tell an abandoned hole from a working hole. No excuses for those cherry pickers [:mad:].But there are enough bottles for all, I guess

BobbyCommonBottles

Reaction score
If the hole is filled in with some overburden.....unfortunately in my opinion it's fair game. If there are tools left in it...obviously someone is coming back. No tools in hole...fair game. We all have our own views and there are no laws about any of this....all a matter of opinion and personal choice.

groundsloth

Reaction score
OK, here is the solution!!!!All people on the forum.....let's start leaving messages in bottles for each other!!"This hole is in use"

BobbyCommonBottles

Reaction score
It's a good thought but there are too many asshole diggers out there. It's really not the greatest breed of people. I am considerate of others when digging...but a lot aren't.

groundsloth

Reaction score
Ha Ha.... Alright Spirit Bear......it starts with the two of us, we'll set a trend.

GlassGorillaUSA

Reaction score
Bobby, could you please elaborate on how we are "not the greatest breed of people"? I'm curious about why you would insult the entire digging community.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229