Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Woodbridge NJ brick

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
In this old dump area i ran across this highly embossed brick from the Staten Island terra-cotta lumber co. Located in Woodbridge NJ. I found this brick on a number of brick collectors web pages. Don't know how common or value. Apparently, Woodbridge had World famous natural clay for making terra-cotta tile. Not too coarse, not too fine. Woodbridge is the oldest township in the state of New Jersey. It was settled in the fall of 1664.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

Last edited:

embe

Jul 14, 2019
So that's Debossing right? Embossing being proud of the surface? I've seen plenty of optical illusions before and haven't been to an eye Dr. in a while. Nice brick either way

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
So that's Debossing right? Embossing being proud of the surface? I've seen plenty of optical illusions before and haven't been to an eye Dr. in a while. Nice brick either way
You're right, it is debossing. Wasn't thinking when I posted earlier.

embe

Jul 14, 2019
Lol, thought I was having an M.C. Escher moment. It's happened before.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Aug 22, 2012
Show Me State (Missouri)
In this old dump area i ran across this highly embossed brick from the Staten Island terra-cotta lumber co. Located in Woodbridge NJ. I found this brick on a number of brick collectors web pages. Don't know how common or value. Apparently, Woodbridge had World famous natural clay for making terra-cotta tile. Not too coarse, not too fine. Woodbridge is the oldest township in the state of New Jersey. It was settled in the fall of 1664.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
The problem I see with this post is I only see ONE brick... just sayin'. I wouldn't mind having one of these too.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juice