Wow on the Dyott!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
This bottle belongs to a friend of mine. He has an amazing collection, which you could imagine seeing how he is letting this one go. He feels very certain that this is one of the very first embossed medicine bottles that was ever made.

LC

Reaction score
Sure is a crude looking bottle . Love the bubbles as well as the other imperfections .

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
very first embossed medicine bottles that was ever made.

Its early for an American medicine but I dont think its even close to being the first embossed medicine.
I believe England had a few 30 or 40 years earlier. In the USA the Lee medicines are probably earlier and even Dyott's own Dr Robertsons bottles are a bit earlier.

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SaratogaSprings

This bottle belongs to a friend of mine. He has an amazing collection, which you could imagine seeing how he is letting this one go. He feels very certain that this is one of the very first embossed medicine bottles that was ever made.

Would love to see pictures of his collection if he's open to the idea.

TwistedTea12

Reaction score
Thats amazing definetly a diamond in the rough there I wish I had about a case of those :) we could even all share haha.. Wonderful.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
looks like the lucky winner was "escupo", anyone have an idea who that is? A very historic bottle, I would sure love to have it. ...Bill

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: sandchip

ORIGINAL: SaratogaSprings

Would love to see pictures of his collection if he's open to the idea.
Haha, well he is a super nice guy and I'm sure he would love to show you, but you would probably have to be with him at home. If you live near Mississippi, we are having a huge bottles and collectibles show in January, one of the biggest in the south. Some big name bottle people will be here giving free appraisals. My friend will have a table there, as well. Be worth the trip if you don't live too far away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen