Yard Sale.. Gotta Love It!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I'll start with the hardest one to describe. I believe its a pepper sauce. The bottom is embossed PAT APP FOR S&P. It has 6 sides with a spiral design all the way up the bottle. I'm not positive but I think it has a sheared top in a nice deep aqua green. Its 7&1/2" tall. Next is a small clear, square bottle. 4&1/2" tall. Its embossed CLARK STANLEY SNAKE OIL LINIMENT. It has a small circular depression on the bottom of the bottle (polished pontil maybe?)? Next bottle is 4&1/8" tall its embossed PROF CALLAN'S WORLD RENOWNED BRAZILLIAN GUM. The very top of the lip looks like it has stretch marks. The lip is very uneven all the way around. Next is a light aqua bottle, 4&1/4" tall and is embossed SAMPLE BOTTLE DR. KILMER'S SWAMP-ROOT KIDNEY CURE BINGHAMTON, N.Y.. Next 2 bottles are identical except the size. One is 4&1/8" and the other is 4&7/8" tall. Both are aqua green and embossed DR WISTAR'S BALSAM OF WILD CHERRY PHILAD A I B. The small one has a 1 on the bottom and the big one has a 5. Next is an amber side strap flask with some interesting whittling. 6&1/2" tall with an F on the bottom with a dot below the F. Next a small, clear, wide mouth, screw top embossed PAPPY and on the bottom 548 3. Next a nicely colored purple medicine, KUHN REMEDY Co. CHICAGO, ILLS. I don't think its a flared lip but it does look close to what I would consider a flared lip, 4&1/2" tall. Next is a tiny, clear, screw top, 2&1/4" tall. The small embossed slug plate reads CARL L. JENSEN CRYSTAL PEPSIN TABLETS. It has a rounded bottom. Next is another DR KILMER'S SWAMP ROOT KIDNEY LIVER AND BLADDER CURE BINGHAMTON N.Y. USA it has a 46 on the bottom. It's 7" tall and lacks the classier design of the broken kilmers I've dug in the recent past. Its a common aqua green color. Last one I'm posting tonight is another small bottle with a light purple tint. Its 3&3/8" tall Its embossed on three sides. The sides are embossed THE LOUIS DAUDELIN CO, WORCESTER, MASS. and the front say's FREE SAMPLE BLOOD WINE. I'm not sure if its a glass flaw or if it was purposely put there but below that it looks like a drop. Like it might have been painted red to look like a bllod drop. I got all these and two acl's and two other (common?) beers I'll post if anyone is interested. Does anyone have any history or value on any of these bottles? Thanx for reading. Swiz

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i'm not if it's the same as yours but the was a soda called bludwine that was popular in the early 1900's. then the name was changed to budwine.

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
the s&p is a nice one it is circa 1870-1880's it comes in different shades of teal it is worth around $60 or so i have seen them sell for a little less and sometimes a little more. that blood wine is a med not a soda the soda is a crown top full size one that as the poster said was changed later to budwine. very good finds especially the pepper sauce. digger mcdirt

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
here's a photo of the s & p i dug not long ago i have seen it in several different shades of teal.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
PROF CALLAN'S WORLD RENOWNED BRAZILLIAN GUM - worth about $10
CLARK STANLEY SNAKE OIL LINIMENT - worth about $15-20
THE LOUIS DAUDELIN CO, WORCESTER, MASS sample size -worth about $10-15
WISTAR'S BALSAM OF WILD CHERRY PHILAD A I B - maybe $10 for the later versions , more for the cruder early versions.
SAMPLE BOTTLE DR. KILMER'S SWAMP-ROOT KIDNEY CURE BINGHAMTON, N.Y -worth about $10

swizzle

Reaction score
My blood wine sample is a cork top, not crown. Does that make a difference? Swiz

bubbas dad

Reaction score
swizzle, the bludwine bottle i was refering to is a soda bottle. since your bottle is spelled different, it must not be the same thing. must be a medicine like the earlier poster suggested.

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Swizzle,

Think this is the Blood Wine Sample you are referring to. It is 3 3/8 in tall same embossing as you listed. I dug a couple of them a while ago, this one still has part of the stopper in the neck. They are still in my miniature and sample bottle collection.

Us53201.jpg

Attachments

• Us53201.jpg
    Us53201.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 66

swizzle

Reaction score
The peppersauce bottle is almost identical to mine except mine doesn't have the lip. I'm wondering if mine is a sheared lip or if it was simply broken off. The lip on mine is the same dull color as the rest of the bottle. There is a chip out of the lip that shows the shiny glass underneath. That's why I thought it might be a sheared lip. It was probably busted off when it was thrown away and thats why it looks sheared. The chip must be fairly new. The blood wine pic is identical to mine as well. I think the drop on my bottle I described before is just a flaw in the glass. It's not as bold as the rest of the embossing on the bottle. All I know is these are great bottles and I love them. Thanx for the info and and values. You guys are awesome. Swiz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2