Yellow/Golden/Amber quart whiskey?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I was close to buying at least one of these today. To me it looks to be either a yellow amber or golden amber quart whiskey, 3 piece mold, slightly crude with a wax seal. Only one of them has the original contents ans it ain't perty. They have a little bit of lip slop but not bad. What do you guys think? If anyone is interested in one I could go back and get one I suppose. Swizzle

swizzle

Reaction score
No opinions? If it helps I should be able to get them for $2 each. Swizzle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
a little bit of lip slop but not bad
Lip slop to me would be a drippy collar and that would be good. Does your lip slop mean chips?. For $2, eh why not if in good shape. Theyre somewhat resale worthy on the right day but nice keepers anyway. If they've been there a while you might get half off just by asking.

swizzle

Reaction score
It's not chipped, its the candle wax effect. I know in general 3 piece molds date between 1820 to 1880. I'm guessing these are 1870/80's. There is 3 different people who run the shop and the price can depend on who you talk to. I almost bought a tullamore dew irish whisky jug for $6. I wanted it for $5 and she wouldn't go any lower. I'm guessing the only thing stopping me from buying these is how little whittling there is on them for a 3 piece mold. The olive amber 3 piece mold that I bought out of the same box was only $1 and that one I'm guessing is 1850/60's and has ('S & Co) on the base and is much cruder. Swizzle

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973