Yesterdays Hot Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
I was looking at bottles online and I came across some bottles that used to very popular back in the day. Remember when Florida water bottles were quite collectable. Used to sell quite few in years gone by.
Can anyone remember any other bottles that were hot and for whatever reason aren't anymore?
opmustard

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I was looking at bottles online and I came across some bottles that used to very popular back in the day. Remember when Florida water bottles were quite collectable. Used to sell quite few in years gone by.
Can anyone remember any other bottles that were hot and for whatever reason aren't anymore?
opmustard
I think big jugs and large stoneware. Used to be more popular but people fast realize, where do I put a crock the size of a trash can. Not that it doesn't sell. I have an old 10 gallon water jug with the wooden crate. I like it but don't want anymore due to space constraints. So many bottle I feel constricted.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
opmustard
Yeah, I was watching a lot of bottles on The Glassworks auction... and I noticed that Lyons Powder and the genre of bug bottles don't have the following (desirability) that they used to. I remember getting the magazine Antique Bottles and Glass Collectibles. There were quite often articles with copious pics of the bug bottles Lyon's Powder and et al.
~Fred

opmustard

Reaction score
Yeah, I was watching a lot of bottles on The Glassworks auction... and I noticed that Lyons Powder and the genre of bug bottles don't have the following (desirability) that they used to. I remember getting the magazine Antique Bottles and Glass Collectibles. There were quite often articles with copious pics of the bug bottles Lyon's Powder and et al.
~Fred
I did see quite a few Lyons Powders on GlassWorks and I do remember they used be hot. Didn't follow up on their outcome.
opmustard

opmustard

Reaction score
Weren't those glass Japanese fishing floats popular for a while? I wonder how they sell nowadays. Sorry, not a bottle. Please excuse me.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Yes, your excused, hey its glass and they were quite popular.
opmustard

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis