Yesterdays privy dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nitedigger

Reaction score
Dug two privys yesterday behind an 1890's saloon.This is what I found,mainly whiskey and beer bottles.Also found a clay marble.The bottles on the back right are dark green,almost black. I guess they are beer bottles.The bottles laying down in the front are some really rare local embossed whiskies.Sorry about the picture.

Yw67653.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Yw67653.jpg
    Yw67653.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 93

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Great finds! How about some close-ups of some of the embossed ones, Nice GE washer..dont put any bottles in there[:D]

nitedigger

Reaction score
My camera's not to good on close up shots but I'll see what I can do.Anybody know what the small brown item in the center of the photo is? It is round with a hollow center and it has a glaze on it similar to a bennington marble.I was thinking maybe it was some kind of pipe?

Ryan

Reaction score
That brown thing is a porcelain wall tube insulator, used for running electrical wiring through the walls. More recent ones are just plain unglazed and are worthless. That one looks brown glazed, if it has any markings on it like initials for the company that made it, it could be worth a little bit. Here's a web page tellin' all about 'em!

http://www.r-infinity.com/Wall%20Tubes/index.htm

-Ryan
(insulator collector)

nitedigger

Reaction score
Wow! That link was great.Now I'm a wall tube insulator expert.[8D]But seriously,I've been seeing the unglazed porcelain ones at a local dump that I dig for years.Unfortunately,this one dosen't have any markings but it is made of brown glazed clay.I didn't even connect the brown one that I dug to those because it's the first glazed one that I have seen.I've passed by hundreds of wall insulators without a second look because I never realized there were people who collected them.I'll definitely pick them up in the future.Thanks for your help and for the link.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter