YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT! DIGGING IN TRASH CAN BE FUN!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
HEY GUYS,
I READ ALL THE EMAILS AND POST REGARDING MY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW YOU GO ABOUT DIGGING FOR A BOTTLE. SO TODAY I SENT MY KIDS OUT TO DIG IN THE PLACE WHERE MY GRANDPARENTS USE TO DUMP TRASH OUT BEHIND OUR HOUSE (OUT IN THE WOODS) WELL THEY WERE ONLY OUT THERE ABOUT MAYBE AN HOUR, AND THIS IS WHAT THEY BROUGHT BACK. ANHEUSER BUSCH BOTTLE AND PABCO LINOLEUM CLEANER BOTTLE. THEY CLEANED UP PRETTY NICE AND THERE IS STILL SOME AQUA BLUE-GREEN CLEANER STILL IN THAT BOTTLE. DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE WORTH ANYTHING, BUT IT WAS KIND OF NEAT! THANKS
cd_1_sbl.JPG

Brains

Reaction score
i dont know if it's worth anything eather- but having a "dump" that clost to where you live must be awsome!

Bryan

3emarketeers

Reaction score
LOL I DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE BEING SERIOUS OR SARCASTIC, BUT EITHER WAY IT'S FUNNY. IT'S MOSTLY ALL COVERED UP NOW AND ALL OVERGROWN. AFTER YOU CROSS OUR FIELD (ABOUT 50 ACRES) THEN IT'S ABOUT A 15-20 MIN WALK THROUGH THE WOODS. I DON'T LIKE TO GO BACK IN THERE, BUT MY BOYS DO. THERES LOTS OF SNAKES AND SPIDERS AND BUGS. GIVES ME THE CREEPS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

Brains

Reaction score
thats still close! (in my opinion)also dos the boggi-man live out there? you can tell if he dos because there will be a dirt mound with three trees growing on it.

3emarketeers

Reaction score
NAH! I THINK THE BOYS GOT HIM IN THE LAST RATTLESNAKE HUNT!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Hey Warren, I didn't really even think about that being my grandparents stuff , but, you are right, it more than likely belonged to a member of my family. There use to be a little community of about 10-15 farmers that lived out there and most of them were related to me one way or another. Everyone dumped there trash out there. I should do a family history, but, you know what they say about us southerners, I might find out my mom is also my sister and my cousin, and I cant afford to buy her 3 xmas presents every year.
My boys are not even the least bit interested in looking for any of that stuff. Maybe they'll get more interested if I can sell it on ebay and get them some money. Does anyone know if those bottles are worth anything?

JGUIS

Reaction score
I'm not sure about those particular bottles, but there is stuff from that period that sells. Glass motor oil bottles with decent paint jobs, probably some ACL milks and sodas out there. You never know till you see whats on the bottom. If they dumped there as a community, it may have been used from the beginning of that community. The older, the better, but some painted stuff does all right as long as it's in good shape. Just beware of the collectors curse, or you'll be tripping over bottles before you know it.[;)]

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Against my better judgement, I think I'm gonna brave the spiders and snakes and make my way out there with my boys tomorrow just to look around. This is all your fault Josh!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
I couldn't make it out! To many creepy crawly things out there. But my boys came back with this stuff. This is really neat!
77_1_sbl.JPG

THESE ARE HUGE SIZED PENNIES--I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE REAL OR NOT.
ec_1_sbl.JPG

THIS IS A REALLY WEIRD LITTLE BOWL OUTSIDE CLEANED UP NICE, BUT, INSIDE IS AWFUL

e9_1_sbl.JPG

WHAT'S REALLY NEAT ABOUT THIS IS MY MOM REMEBERS USING THAT AS A LITTLE GIRL.

I THINK THE KIDS ARE HOOKED---FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME THEY WANTED TO GO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN PLAY ON THE COMPUTER.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960