101 Uses for a bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Holindaze

Reaction score
I am getting married next year and plan to use some of my old bottle collection to add a personal touch and lighten the mood as well as make my collection seem more useful. I then thought it would be fun if we could come up with 101 uses for an old(but clean) bottle. Be as creative as you wish, but please add your two cents worth

Holindaze

Reaction score
1) Flower vase- a am using some of my old quart milk bottles to hold flowers but even little bottles filled with violets would add color to a desk or nightstand.

Holindaze

Reaction score
2) Pencil or pen holder- I am using two old fruit jars to hold pens at the desk to sighn the guestbook.
3) Serve from-Some of my old milk bottles were handed down from my grandparents who owned a
dairy farm, thelarge ones I will use to serve tea water or milk.
None of the dug up bottles will be used.
4) Games- there are a lot of games that can be played with bottles from ring toss to drinking games.
4) Change holders- I use two large mouthed bottles to keep change in, one for pennies and the other for the rest

Holindaze

Reaction score
sorry I cannot count that last one should be 5
6) Rolling pin- a clean heavy bottle could be used as a rolling pin if nothing else is available

Holindaze

Reaction score
7) A Weapon- some of the older bottles could pack quite a wallop on someones noggin and despite what you see in the movies it might not be the bottle that breaks on impact. Bottles also make great projectiles when thrown with some force.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I drew a bottle on the cover of our wedding program. Really I did.So, I guess one use is for art.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this but I believe that some of the early flasks were actually a symbol of wealth. That you could afford and carry an ornate glass vessel set you apart from those who couldn't.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I guess one use is for art.

article-1060291-02C477D000000578-616_468x312.jpg

"Charlotte Hughes-Martin engraves milk bottles and then randomly delivers them to houses in the West Midlands"

article-1060291-02C399DD00000578-731_468x311.jpg

"Some of the works of art which have been left on doorsteps" From the pages of the Daily Mail.

rifle_bugle-vi.jpg

Holindaze

Reaction score
If art is 8 and show of wealth is 9 then we are up to 10
10) Odds and ends container- can be used to hold nuts and bolts, washers, screws, buttons or blasting caps.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!