1903 Trip through Boston

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I just spent the last 7 minutes watching this youtube that is pretty amazing, if you're a bottle collector. A trolley ride through 1903 Boston. I kept pausing the video to see if I could read the store front signs, to see if I had dug any bottles that the proprietor had sold over the years. I have dug a Jordan Marsh bottle, it was cosmetic, circa 1910. The trolley rolls by the front of the store somewhere near the middle.
hope you find it as interesting as I did. Cant believe a film like this exists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGBN8_9aGmY

deenodean

Reaction score
The 1st ever Google map street view. [:D].. beautiful building architecture during that era...nice video..

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Bram,
How did you stumble across that one? I liked it a lot, it reminded me of the beginning of the Naked Gun movie where the cop car is randomly driving all over the place. I noticed the time at 1pm and again at 1:40pm, and also bits of color film here and there. I don't know early cars but I bet the ones in that video would be worth a bit today.I left you a voicemail, let me know if you want to do a flounder dive there in. Thanks for the post.

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
That's neat Bram...thanks for posting it.

madpaddla

Reaction score
Great one Bram.

Reminds me of the one similar to this that they did of San Francisco four days before the earthquake in 1906. The only reason it survived was b/c it was being shipped to New York for developing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1RvgfoXGTs

Notice the difference in how many cars are seen in the Boston to San Fran in a matter of three years.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Cool stuff Bram! I love watching that old footage. When I first saw your post I thought it was the one Mad posted,I checked that one out before.but I never saw the Boston one.
I am surprised no one mentioned that 1903 was the year Owens invented the ABM. [:D] Its hard to believe that year changed the bottle making world forever.

The patent for the Owens Automatic Bottle Machine was granted in 1903. By 1905, more than 90% of bottles produced in the United States were machine made. That bastard!! [8D]

Another thing I noticed on that ride,not one shooting or mugging along the way [8D] Boy have times changed.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles