1913 Kellogg's Tasteless Caster Oil

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Toma777

Reaction score
So I finally decided to research my little 4 1/2" 3 oz. Kellogg's purple bottle. I thought it had something to do with the cereal company that started in Battle Creek, but I was wrong.

I found the bottle when I was a little kid in the 1960's, probably in the Eastern Sierras, but I don't remember where exactly. My parents use to take me to explore old ghost towns, so it could have been something like Ludlow, California, something up in the San Gabriel Mountains, or around Bodie near Mono Lake.

This is the link I found with all the information: Kellogg’s Tasteless Castor Oil - https://baybottles.com/2020/10/15/kelloggs-tasteless-castor-oil/

Because there's no seam on the neck, and no numbers on the bottom, I reasoned my bottle is from the first year of production, which was 1913. The bottles I found online had numbers 5, 11, and 12 on them, and what looked like full seams on the necks. The signature on the bottoms were also different, some with a arch in them.

I couldn't find a bottle with the original label to see what it looked like, but there are images in the early ads that give an idea what it might have looked like.

Attachments

• Kellogg's Front.jpg
    Kellogg's Front.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • Kellogg's Side.jpg
    Kellogg's Side.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
  • Kellogg's Bottom.jpg
    Kellogg's Bottom.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • Kellogg's Neck.jpg
    Kellogg's Neck.jpg