2 questions from a newbie

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pinkshovel

Reaction score
hay everyone. Well, I wasn't in to collecting pop bottles....then I inherited my parents home and found some old bottles in my Dad's OMG dirty, oily, muddy, spidery, old garage/basement. ick! So I found some old Pepsi, and Coke and Mt Dew name bottles,Barqs,Nehi,Fresca,Patio,Grapette, etc. I reckon I've got me a few bottles now. LOL 1st question: I have a 6.5 oz pepsi "swirlie" (looks like it was twisted when it was warm)bottle APL with Red Pepsi Printed on a white oval background and a white circle line around that...pretty common I guess? BUT one of these bottles has the PEPSI print offset...they missed. Front and back labels the PEPSI is over to one side of the white background (looks odd). Does this make it worth more, less, or none of the above?
2nd question:Has ANYONE ever heard of SHAKE BREAK? I've searched for anything on it and only today found 2 bottles on ebay. They don't know anything about it either. I've been looking for info on this drink for a year. [:(]I have a 6 emptys. Says Shake Break & Keep Refrigerated. The bottle is a Thatcher. That's all I know. HELP Please!
Thanks in advance for any help.
PS: I've really been enjoying reading everything here. This is a great website!

pinkshovel

Reaction score
OK cc6pack, here goes my 1st try to get a pic on here. I have seen bottle info on the Shake Break, but I don't know what the heck it was!? Soda, milkshake? Carbonated? Who made it? Who bottled it? Was it good?[:)]
I'm also including pics of the little 6.5 oz pepsi bottle with the offset labels.

Since I can't see my pics Before I submit the post I may have to do this again. Sorry in advance if this happens. OOPS. Just saw I can only load 1 pic per message...I'll try to combine the Pepsi pics and come back.
Thanks

3ADB65632C73482988B6364651AB1611.jpg

Attachments

• 3ADB65632C73482988B6364651AB1611.jpg
    3ADB65632C73482988B6364651AB1611.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 87

pinkshovel

Reaction score
OK. I'm back with the 6.5 Pepsi Bottle. I put the Offset Label one next to a Correct one to take the pics. I combined front and back labels in the same picture.
I just noticed these little bottles and the 8oz I have say nothing about return deposit, or not to refill Anywhere on them (not even on the bottom). The 10 oz like these has Return for Deposit printed on it. Were the 6.5 and 8 oz returns or throwaways?

Thanks much everyone!

222C02C3218747C3B53773CD3BB149ED.jpg

Attachments

• 222C02C3218747C3B53773CD3BB149ED.jpg
    222C02C3218747C3B53773CD3BB149ED.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 90

pinkshovel

Reaction score
Hi botttlenutboy
Thanks for the info. So is the offset label Pepsi bottle worth more with the label print "miss"?
I like the shake Break bottles too...I have 6. I just can't fine ANYONE that knows Anything about the Shake Break Product![:(] If anyone out there knows anything at all about this stuff, please let me know what you know. No kidding, I've searched the web for a year now. I'm not saying I'm great at searching, but after a year even I should have found something. Maybe I need to put it on the back of a milk carton? Thanks

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The offset label is worth more, but maybe not too much more.. it depends how thorough a collector you find to buy it.. the Shake Break bottle is not a national brand and therefore is collectible locally. Don't look to retire from the proceeds, though.. better to become a knowledgeable soda collector, it's a great hobby!

T D

Reaction score
Hey Pink, Welcome. The offset label would probably be only be worth more to a Pepsi collector looking for different variations of everything. The bottle is pretty common, and among us ACL collectors, we like 'em printed perfectly. Each layer of paint on exactly on top of each other, and the label centered between the seams. I agree, the Shake Break, is more regional. It would be worth more if it had a town listed and local collector was looking for that town. Hope this helps some...

pinkshovel

Reaction score
Hi all
Thanks so much for the information. I figured Maybe the Shake Break was a regional thing, I was just wishing someone here had heard of it. On the link in one of the earlier reply's I got it was info on the bottle. The 1st one reported there was back east somplace (I forget where now) and I'm in the midwest, ok I'm in Oklahoma. A far reach from that other place I read about from that link! arggg. It's just the pit bull in me...I want to know what the heck this stuff was! Today was the 1st time I had even seen another bottle (it was on ebay) and I've been looking a long time. So I guess it will just go in to the great mystery pile. Thanks so much again to everyone for the help.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR