A Great Day in the River!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Until recently, the only gravitating-style stopper soda bottle I had found was in the late Fall of 2016; this summer, I've managed to find two! The days' hunt was rounded out by a nice quart soda and a beer with a hand-finished top.

Attachments

• Foy & Starr #2!.jpg
    Foy & Starr #2!.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 111

Roy

Reaction score
Until recently, the only gravitating-style stopper soda bottle I had found was in the late Fall of 2016; this summer, I've managed to find two! The days' hunt was rounded out by a nice quart soda and a beer with a hand-finished top.

Nice, you make it look so damn easy...

Roy

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Nice, you make it look so damn easy...

Roy
Well, my underwater DPV ( Diver Propulsion Vehicle ) makes travelling down there easy! Oddly enough, this day I had scootered upriver for an hour or so, then the machine's motor got too hot and it shut itself off to cool down. So I turned the dive & started back, carrying the DPV as I continued searching. I wouldn't have spied the grav's top had I been under tow, so the breakdown was a blessing in disguise!

RCO

Reaction score
that Foy & Starr bottle has been there for a long time , book lists it as being from 1870's , never found any bottles in that style before

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Always know I'm in for some great finds when I click on one of your threads, and this time did not disappoint! I love the frosted look of that Foy & Starr!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Always know I'm in for some great finds when I click on one of your threads, and this time did not disappoint! I love the frosted look of that Foy & Starr!
Thanks Sitcoms. I must confess it takes many, many hours of dogged searching to come up with a prized find, but that makes the experience that much more satisfying. If I filmed every minute of my un-productive search time underwater, the soundtrack could be used as a sleep-aid! Lucky for me is the fact I'm very content just to be underwater, with my buddies the fishes, exploring the marine-scape, forever anticipating yet another gift from the past.

Reactions: Roy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2