A & J Colohoun Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

photolitherland

Reaction score
I havent been on here in months, been super busy and kinda cooled it on bottle buying but I was taking pictures up in northern Arkansas in some of the old towns up there and came across a little hole in the wall antique store. The lady that owned it had a lot of awesome bottles in there but I only had 5 bucks in my pocket and she had this bottle for 5 dollars. I dont know if its legit or not. The letters on it just seem too sharp but it has an applied top and good wear on the bottom. I tried looking it up online and couldnt find anything at all on it. It says A & J COLOUHOUN, on the bottom it says BROOKS S BAR. It's a beautiful bottle but I just dont know if its real or not, I can usually tell right away but it was just so cheap and she had repro sodas and stuff of the same style in amongst applied tops and such. Does anyone know anything about this bottle, if its real its at least from the 1880s or earlier Id surmise.

bottle.jpg

bottle1.jpg

bottle2.jpg

bottlee.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Happy new bottle to ya. It's looking pretty British to me. I did find an expired listing for one:

"Torpedo 6 oz A & J Colouhoun
Reserve met Closed: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 8:56 am Listing #: 316951535
6 oz A & J Colouhoun Brooks's Bar some light crate wear see photo" From.

61PjqGPxWFL._SS500_.jpg

photolitherland

Reaction score
Ooo, thats cool, thanks so much for finding that Ratzilla, I must have a pretty rare bottle here than, maybe not rare but at least fairly uncommon, especially for finding one here in central podunk Arkansas. So, the bottle has nothing to do with a Brooks Bar at all, it was just the name of a place apparently.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL