A very successful dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: VTdigger

It's a George Greason tooled crown top from Montclair.
Whats the specific  name for the type on embossing on this bottle or the bottling company? I see alot of different bottles with different names but the same  type of embossing and symbol.  I just found a nice broken bottle, same type of embossing and symbol, but it says George Geiger Holyoke Mass. Theres just something extra cool about that type of embossing.

It's slug plate embossing. The bottling company carved their name, logo, etc. into a metal plate, then sent it off to a glass blowing factory, where they put that plate into the bottle mold, then made the bottles. It was cheaper for the glass company and the bottling company to not have to make a new mold every time they wanted a bottle with different embossing. At least, that's how I think it works...

ORIGINAL: KBbottles

Beautiful finds Conner! One of these days you will find one of those awesome jugs. Your local collection is really starting to look fantastic! Also, when theres one cone ink, sometimes there are many more! Those carters come in just about every color imaginable too. Would be cool to collect them and create a color spectrum.

Thanks! I've found shards of everything in this dump, including 3 gallon jugs and other awesome inks. So far, I've only dug clear and amber cone inks whole. The green one would've been awesome.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Yes green is pretty exciting to dig for a cone ink. I think the 7-up green ones bring around $30-40 bucks though so not the rarest of colored inks but they are beautiful little gems. Got two last summer in my local dump which has since been depleted (by me)... It's probably not what you collect, but if you're ever interested I do have doubles of that one available for a trade or purchase. Keep digging that site though, looks amazing so far!!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'm sure there's many more inks where that one came from.

Just wondering, though, is there any value to gold leaf plated items? I've found dozens of plate and red glass shards which had designs of gold plated on them. Is the amount there even possible to extract & sell?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2