Amber coke $316.85 sheffield, Al.???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Terry, Both the amber and the aqua SS Coke bottles from Sheffield are rare. Small town bottles are often rare because of the small population. When those bottles were being used there were only a little over 3000 folks living there. There are only a little over 9000 folks living there now and it is home to several famous people like Fred Thompson.

celerycola

Reaction score
Arthur Pratt bought the Huntsville AL Coke plant in 1902 and opened a branch plant at Sheffield a year later. Sheffield operated only a year before the plant was moved across the river to Florence. Pratt sold both plants when he got the franchise to bottle Coca-Cola in New York City. He sold the New York City plant about 1910 for $600,000.00. When the guy that bought NYCity Coke died that plant was worth $4 million. Someone asked Pratt if he regretted selling NYCity since it became so valuable. He replied that he would rather be alive with $600,000.00 than dead with $4 million.

Dennis Smith

acls

Reaction score
Great info guys. I grew up in Florence Alabama and used to go over to Sheffield to play sports. Sheffield is a tiny tiny town. I am suprised they had a plant there.

bamascavenger

Reaction score
Thank you Dennis, I never knew that. Wish i could find one someday! By the way since you collect celery colas, can you give me a run down on those and show off a few of the ss script ones and which are common and which are rare? Thanks, Terry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles