Amber SS Coca Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Does anyone know what Porter's lists the value of this SS amber Coca Cola at?
About two months ago I bought the twin to this bottle from the same guy, The one I got looks to be in better condition and has the same markings 12 ROOT 942 from Portland Oregon with CC on the bottom. I paid $124.50 for mine. I've seen it sell last year for $289 and once for $137. Anyone know the correct price normally is?
Glen[/align]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=110018669594&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Glen, There is a problem with western SS Cokes. They are hard to get in good condition and what they go for one day will be different the next. Western towns were farther apart and many had small populations in comparison to eastern towns. I don't have Portor's listing but I would say you paid a good average price.

On Ebay if the buyer has never heard of a particular bottle they will go nuts tryin to buy it. I've seen $100 bottles sell for $300 and $300 bottles sell for $800 But the right buyer has to be lookin and the right bottle has to be there.

If all my bucks weren't tied up in a comming vacation I'd be tryin to beg one off ya.

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Thanks for the info Warren. E-Bay can be hard to analyze sometimes. I get a lot of bottles that aren't listed correctly. The Coca Cola I got a few months ago was listed like this:

AMBER TOOLED PORTLAND, OREGON COCA COLA BOTTLE

If someone searched for SS Amber Coca Cola this bottle might not come up. It's not a good idea to put what your selling at the end of the description.
Anyway I'm glad I didn't have to pay $280 for mine! lol

Now I have a black sheep in the herd. So far their hasn't been any discrimination from the lighter colored bottles so all is good[:D]
Glen[/align]

74639C60B30C4762A6B5609F14F2CA8E.jpg

Attachments

• 74639C60B30C4762A6B5609F14F2CA8E.jpg
    74639C60B30C4762A6B5609F14F2CA8E.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 70

Tony14

Reaction score
Nice bottles. I think you will have to get another dark one so that it doesnt get lonely. Before you know the lighter ones will jump it and push it off the shelf [:eek:]

capsoda

Reaction score
Very nice bottle display Glen. I don't think the Coke will have any probs with the other bottles. After they are still in business so they must be pretty tough.[;)]

cc6pack

Reaction score
Glen,

Porter lists the Portland Or. bottle as scarce 20-100 known. As with all bots condition has a lot to do with price. A Root in the SE will bring more than the other makers. I guess with it's assocation with the hobbleskirt?

I too have to add my appreciation of your collection drool, drool.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles