Anchor Hocking jar identification?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rw258

Reaction score
Hello! I had a friend gift me this jar that he found, and I was curious to see if I could find out more about it. All I've been able to find out is that it's Anchor Hocking based on the logo on the bottom, but the layout of the bottom is different from other examples I've found online, which usually have the logo in the middle with a date code to the right. Would love any input on when this could be dated to and what it might have been used for! :)

Attachments

• jar.jpeg
    jar.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • jar bottom.jpeg
    jar bottom.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Hezezilla

Reaction score
You're right. Pretty unusual layout. It's in a nice honey amber as well. It probably dates to the 1940s. Based on the base I would assume 1946 although '48 is also a reasonable date. It could be from the 1950s. I don't think it's machine laid. I believe it was called "poplar stippling". Idk, there's a sha page on it you can find. Suffice to say, this jar dates between 1945-1960.

Last edited:

rw258

Reaction score
You're right. Pretty unusual layout. It's in a nice honey amber as well. It probably dates to the 1940s. Based on the base I would assume 1946 although '48 is also a reasonable date. It could be from the 1950s. I don't think it's machine laid. I believe it was called "poplar stippling". Idk, there's a sha page on it you can find. Suffice to say, this jar dates between 1945-1960.
Thank you!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2