ANOTHER DATING QUESTION--7UP

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tsalz14

Reaction score
I recently bought a 7up acl and am now trying to date it. It is an earlier 'bubble girl' style, with only white acl. The bottle is green (no surprise) and made by glenshaw. On the crown, it seems to read 11 on one side, and 5 on the other.The base looks like this: 700 G 11Thanks for your help. I got a kick of the "for the stomach's sake do not stir or shake" on the back [:)]. If necessary, I can take some pics.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
The numbers on the lip are the date. Possible the 5 is an S? if so, 1947. Or, if the 11 is an H, 1936. Get some good light and a magnifying glass.[attachment=Glenshaw date codes.jpg]

Attachments

• d16faf87382f4bc7b9838777487ee1fc.jpg
    d16faf87382f4bc7b9838777487ee1fc.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 109

tsalz14

Reaction score
MC-

Thanks for the chart. I have it printed out, but now I can have it electronically too. Now that I look at it, the code looks the most like an s. I really wish that they would do a reprint of the Sweeney book. It goes for a ton on eBay, but seems like a very good guide.

SPB-

Thanks again for helping me out. I'm gonna take a look in the link and see what I can find.

tsalz14

Reaction score
Ok, I looked through the article, and narrowed it down to 1944. The crown marking turned out to be a p once I took out a high powered magnifying glass. Thanks for helping out MCGlass and SPB.

tsalz14

Reaction score
Thanks, SPB. Do they still produce 'the soda fizz' magazines. If so, can I have a link to it? Thanks.

Tyler

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
The Soda Fizz magazine is no longer being published - Nor is the Sweeney acl book

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
As far as I know the Soda Spectrum magazine is still being published, but you would need to contact them to be sure. Regarding the book "Collecting Applied Color Label Soda Bottles" / 2002 Third Edition ... I know Rick Sweeney and have been allowed to sell his books in the past. But before I contact him to see if he still has any available copies I would need a list of at least seven individuals who would be interested in purchasing a copy. However, in order to make it a worthwhile venture for both Rick and myself, I would need to purchase a minimum of at least ten copies. They are new old stock and I would be asking $65.00 per copy, which would include free shipping anywhere in the U.S. Payment would need to be in advance in the form of a personal check or money order. So if anyone is interested, please post it here or send me a PM. Like I said, I'm not sure Rick still has any copies, but if I get at least seven request I will contact him and find out. By the way, when the book was last available around 2002 they were selling for $45.00.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday