Antique Store Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wolfdog

Reaction score
Here's the story that goes with this bottle. Back in October there was an antique store going out of business. I found this bottle at the bottom of a wooden box covered up by a bag of bottle openers. I took the bottle upstairs as i was in the basement of the store
asked the owner the price and he said 35.00. Anyway i passed on the bottle. So the store closed and i wondered if any items were left inside. Across the street from the closed store is an antique store that's open year round. I know the lady that works there as she lives by me. We were talking about the closed store and she told me it was bought by a new owner. so i asked if the bottle
might still be there so she got on the phone called the new owner told him what i was looking for. Sure enough he brings the bottle over to the store where i was and sets it on the counter. I told him the story how i found the bottle in the basement of the now closed store but i didn't mention the price i was told by the past owner. The new owner said if you want the bottle you can have it for 20 bucks. I couldn't reach in my wallet fast enough to pay him. It's a nice local bottle of the area of which i live

44E2A4F8A0E442C49360D671EDB33647.jpg

Attachments

• 44E2A4F8A0E442C49360D671EDB33647.jpg
    44E2A4F8A0E442C49360D671EDB33647.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 58

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Those stories are the best. When it comes right down to it, the bottle found you, even if it seams different. Sounds like, destiny.

Stardust

Reaction score
I love stories like this [;)]. It always makes me think we should have a little book that we write down all the little stories and snap a pic of each pic of our bottles in our collections to remember where each one came from ~ We all love a bargain! Glad you got your bottle ~

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete