ATTN: SMOKERS WHO RYO

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
My wife had descided to start rolling her own in order to save money on her cigs. She smokes Newports (menthol) Well, she didnt know which brand to buy so she got several. She has found one that she likes, now she has several bags that she wants to unload. Cant send them back as she had to open to try. On average, we save $16 a carton. If you RYO or are interested in starting, we have (2) 3 oz Gambler, (1) 1.5 oz bag of Top (1) 6 oz bag of Smokers Outlet (fresh from NC). 16 oz makes approx 500 cigs and this is 13.5 oz. The lot is $40 with free shipping. These are menthol. So if you get a cold, it will clean out the congestion so you can toke with ease. [:)] Email me if your interested.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I am not a smoker but I can sympathize with your problem. In Wisconsin, our state taxes have recently gone up to $2.52 a pack. Combine that with over a dollar of federal taxes and you're paying a ton before you've paid for a single cigarette. I think rolling your own is the future for smokers. Well, maybe that or those smokeless versions. Good luck with the sale.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
I have a zig zag box that says for those who roll Their own.lined in red velvet with a mirror inside.i just use glass..way healthier and you get the filtration..om me if your looking for a good online glass shop

Poison_Us

Reaction score
When we lived in Green Bay, we went to the Onieda Smoke shops as they usually had the best prices ( they got tax omissions or something on the rez). When that $1 tax got nailed on there, they, for whatever reason, never raised it on that day. Now where they are now sence our move, I cant say.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

I am not a smoker but I can sympathize with your problem. In Wisconsin, our state taxes have recently gone up to $2.52 a pack. Combine that with over a dollar of federal taxes and you're paying a ton before you've paid for a single cigarette. I think rolling your own is the future for smokers. Well, maybe that or those smokeless versions. Good luck with the sale.

In 1964 when I was going to College in Wisconsin you could buy a whole carton of cigarettets for $2.52. Boy, have times changed.

LC

Reaction score
Cheapest I can remember buying them was 25 cents a pack . Can't remember what I paid for the roll your own stuff .

cc6pack

Reaction score
Late 60's aboard ship past the 12 mile limit, 5¢ a pack, limit 2 cartons per month. Didn't smoke but you could use then for trade bait.

bottlediger

Reaction score
Not that I smoke, but two years ago when I was in VA I saw some brand of cigs that were 10 dollars a carton at a Sheets gas station, I thought that was pretty cheep. My buddies were buying the whole stock to resell here in Pa lol

Digger Ry

logueb

Reaction score
Smoked for 25 years. Been quit for 25 years. One of the smartest things I ever did was to quit smoking. My wife also quit. Some days I smoked 2 packs a day. Me and wifey were smoking back in the Jimmy Carter days. Bought one of them roll your own things. Cheaper than store bought cigarettes, but nothing beat a good Malboro and an ice cold Miller in the bottle. But that was back in the day. Birth of my little girl turned around a lot of things around in my life. Got back into Church and never looked back. The RYO things just brought back the memories of us rolling all those cigarettes.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers