"Authentic" Atwood's on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
[:D] That's hilarious! I wonder who the jokers are who write some of these books. I had an Atwood's out at my yard sale this past summer for $5, and I still have it (somewhere). Must have been one of those fake repros of the real, rare Atwood's [:D]. ~Jim

richf

Reaction score
You're right, Jim ... some of the books are actually funny! I think I know the secret ... all those Atwood's we have are the fakes ... they must have been planted in the dumps just to throw us off!
Rich

Jim

Reaction score
Kovel's tends to be all over the place...Usually high, but once in a while low or even right on [&:]. My main issue with Kovel's is that their descriptions are often very vague, and they will sometimes list the same bottle with a slightly different description and a completely different price! ~Jim

capsoda

Reaction score
Some of Kovel's prices are close but many are way out in left field. I only use it as a guide to compare with other books and fleabay.

swizzle

Reaction score
Wow I hope I got a real one out of the 4 I bought last year. Otherwise there goes $12 down the drain. Swizzle [&o]

stinger haut

Reaction score
Hey Jim & Warren, thanks for confirming what I thought about Kovels and most price guides.
It seems to me a lot of times when someone wants to sell a bottle (especially on jerkbay) they quote Kovels or some other price guide to justify their bottles worth.
Remember, a dug pontiled somewhat rare soda on jerkbay. The seller quoted Kovels as saying it was worth $1,500.00. Make a long story short after a few auctions it went for a little over $200.00.
Stinger

huffmnd

Reaction score
Kovel's is good when you want a good laugh, I used their online price guide to check into a cobalt blue Theodore Netter bottle that I had at one time, according to them it was worth a whopping $7.00, I sold it a week later for .....let's just say I made more than $7.00 just enough to say HAHAHAH!! A good laugh.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology