Barn Finds and last weekends buys

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tsalz14

Reaction score
Just thought you guys would like to see this. Yesterday, I met with a guy who had a barn that was once filled completely with sodas. He let me look around, and I wasn't disappointed at what I found. Plus all of it totaled to around $50. Not too shabby! Some bottles included also came from a flea market. All but one are acls. What I got-Always Ask For Avery's soda crate with bottles and cardboard separators2 Cott Nectars- Port Chester, NY2 Different BireleysRose 'The Family Beverage'- Providence, RIFlorade- Thompsonville, CTCanada Dry green glassCanada Dry low calorieHartford Club- Hartford,CTQuiky- New Haven, CTPal Ade- Waterbury, CTMoxie- Needham Heights, MADowney Beverages- New Haven, CT2 Masons Root Beers (to complete my 6-pack)Hires Root Beer Foil LabelRiverside Bottling Co.- Waterbury, CTPauls Beverages half-gallonAvery's Gold Coin (embossed only)7oz 'waffle' Canada DryCanton Club Soda- Canton, CT ...And a 'Your Host Restaraunts' creamer cup I have never seen a Riverside Bottling Co bottle before this, and I know the Rose is rare. Tell me what you guys think.Tyler[attachment=image1.JPG] [attachment=image2.JPG]

Attachments

• b6d4da29e1ab4ffa818945ef9a45fb47.jpg
    b6d4da29e1ab4ffa818945ef9a45fb47.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 75ccc6a35f9f4288bcc8137b7a8761fb.jpg
    75ccc6a35f9f4288bcc8137b7a8761fb.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 107

Johnnysoda

Reaction score
That crate is awesome! That is a very good find in my opinion :)

iggyworf

Reaction score
I love that crate also. That makes the deal. The foil label Hires is cool. I think the Mason's and the Canada Dry's are common, but a great deal for what you paid. Nice score!!

tsalz14

Reaction score
Thanks guys. My favorite is certainly the crate. The varnish is very nice for its age (1941)

tsalz14

Reaction score
This is a bit off topic, but today I visited the National Bottle Museum in Ballston Spa, NY. What a place! The sheer size of the place was crazy, and it had a bit of everything. I also was lucky enough to look through Rick Sweeneys ACL book (I thought that day would never come!) there. If only I could get my own copy.. I got what I think is his address, and I'm going to try writing him. Worth a shot!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Nice picks there!....Is the 7oz Clear Canada Dry not a tough bottle?...In Canada they sure are!

tsalz14

Reaction score
Thanks! This was the first time I saw one of that size.. It seems like normally they would be in that bigger version. I like the way this one looks better for some reason haha.

Eric

Reaction score
Wow!.. What a great haul... Bet you were in Bottle Heaven digging around in that barn.. Crate is my favorite of your find.. What do the bottle look like? Never seen that brand before... I've only seen the cardboard carriers of today in that brand in image on the web...Never seen it here in Missouri... Is the crate dated?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday