Been Getting My Grass By The Bale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
What were expecting after seeing my Buds? Green and Sticky, and yes Woody we have a lot of it here. They done broke me from it. For a while there everybody left that and went to cooking meth. I know a bunch of people that got them 25 years to do. I think I'll pass. But a little bit shore does make for an interesting night, you'll ..........well I aint even gonna talk about that. Man the fun I used to have. Talk about nasty.

7C53907E8D064899976482833D8311EC.jpg

Attachments

• 7C53907E8D064899976482833D8311EC.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 78

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
I still buck hay on occasion and those traditional square bales weigh between 100-130 pounds apiece.

The circular bales in the photo would require a Paul Bunyan to throw around as they weigh between 1,500-2,000 pounds apiece.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Cord you're kinda old to be loading hay aint ya. I'm proud to say I have'nt picked up a square bale since 1990. Just what kind of grass yall baling out there that ways that much? Before I was able to pick up a bale, me and my cousin would have to roll the bales over to the next row. Then I got bigger and had my share of loading hay. In school no one messed w/ my country butt. Loading hay will make for some muskells. The big ones don't way quite that much, but it does take a tractor w/ forks. I can do as much in one day what it would take 8 of us in two.

Pawtucket huh? I wondered where my hay was getting sent[;)]. Member them Bay Leave looking things in every bale. Ah the good Ol' Days C-47s falling from the sky or things falling from them, eary morning walks on the beach trying to save the bales. Now it's only homegrown. I told them HG would take over one day. They laughed, they're not laughing now.

There is only two thing I know of that'll sell when cotton and corn won't, and Paula's sitting on one of them[:D][:D][:D][:D]

woody

Reaction score
They used to unload it out of Boston harbor back in the 70's.
Probably still do.
I've done my share of haying and probably enough for two people.
Can't compete with the hay they're growing today, though.
Been there, done that.[8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Mr. Lobey, you would really enjoy a week in our village... I am certain of it... When I am living there, I don't know when yet... soon as I can pay off my debts here, you will be a warmly welcomed guest. We have a cabin on the hillside you could stay in.. spend your days whistling at scantily-clad gypsy girls, chatting it up with the yokels at the tavern, wondering what happened to all of those sounds you can't hear any more.. just roosters, dogs, and flapping insect wings.. you can see the milky way every clear night, even over a camp fire, which is legal anywhere... ever pick grapes and make wine from them the old-fashioned way? ..ever slaughter a pig and make sausage the same day, from the same pig? It's very very different there, but they're not doing anything wrong... just living the peaceful life, and enjoying it. They have hi-speed internet and HD cable, too.. just in case the electricity happens to be working..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

Can't compete with the hay they're growing today, though.
Been there, done that.
Yip tried some hay at a 3-D shoot i went to this summer. Scored high and won a tree stand. If I tried that hay before I shot the two rounds I would have emptied my quiver into the woods. Haying is not for me, it made me physcotic

I didnt know you shoot the compound boe lobe? I used to soot a lot everyweek end.Did you ever do one of these.the ole Robinhood [:D]

A34E20D00FBC4092B80AABE0DB332D2B.jpg

Attachments

• A34E20D00FBC4092B80AABE0DB332D2B.jpg
    A34E20D00FBC4092B80AABE0DB332D2B.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 76

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

What were expecting after seeing my Buds? Green and Sticky, and yes Woody we have a lot of it here. They done broke me from it. For a while there everybody left that and went to cooking meth. I know a bunch of people that got them 25 years to do. I think I'll pass. But a little bit shore does make for an interesting night, you'll ..........well I aint even gonna talk about that. Man the fun I used to have. Talk about nasty.

Been there done that.Except the hay[8D]
Thankful to be alive and digging holes.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers