Blue/clear swirled orange crush

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KariKeller

Reaction score
I’ve never seen this type of orange crush bottle. Bottom says “orange Crush Greenville SC in a circular pattern then “Bottling” across the middle on the bottom. The neck has Orange Crush, very faint on one side then raised lettering on the other side.
I can’t find anything on this bottle but one that sold on WorthPoint, which I’m not a member.
Any information would be appreciated.
IMG_2480.jpeg
IMG_2481.jpegIMG_2482.jpeg

Hezezilla

Reaction score
That is an incredible looking bottle. I don't know diddly squat about Orange Crush bottles but I am certain someone else here will.

KariKeller

Reaction score
I’ve never seen this type of orange crush bottle. Bottom says “orange Crush Greenville SC in a circular pattern then “Bottling” across the middle on the bottom. The neck has Orange Crush, very faint on one side then raised lettering on the other side.
I can’t find anything on this bottle but one that sold on WorthPoint, which I’m not a member.
Any information would be appreciated.View attachment 251126View attachment 251125View attachment 251127
I dug this bottle, it’s very clean but has a small chip on the lip. Makes me want to go back and look for more. I found it randomly on a 300 acre parcel, might take some time to find another!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's interesting! I wonder if it's a very early one from before the krinkly design came out in the 1920s or if it's a "flavour" bottle meant for other products bottled by the local franchise. Typically those weren't supposed to have the franchise name featured in such large letters but I've seen a couple Coca Cola ones which slipped through the cracks without the head office's permission. Either way I haven't seen any Orange Crush at all like it. Is there any sign of a date code on it? I guess with that faint base embossing it might be pretty hard to tell.

KariKeller

Reaction score
That's interesting
That's interesting! I wonder if it's a very early one from before the krinkly design came out in the 1920s or if it's a "flavour" bottle meant for other products bottled by the local franchise. Typically those weren't supposed to have the franchise name featured in such large letters but I've seen a couple Coca Cola ones which slipped through the cracks without the head office's permission. Either way I haven't seen any Orange Crush at all like it. Is there any sign of a date code on it? I guess with that faint base embossing it might be pretty hard to tell.

! I wonder if it's a very early one from before the krinkly design came out in the 1920s or if it's a "flavour" bottle meant for other products bottled by the local franchise. Typically those weren't supposed to have the franchise name featured in such large letters but I've seen a couple Coca Cola ones which slipped through the cracks without the head office's permission. Either way I haven't seen any Orange Crush at all like it. Is there any sign of a date code on it? I guess with that faint base embossing it might be pretty hard to tell.
I do not see any other information on it but I’ll take another look. The description on WorthPoint did say pre-1920.

KariKeller

Reaction score
I have dug bottles for 25 plus years and the glass on this bottle is the thickest I’ve ever seen.

mrosman

Reaction score
Hi Kari... welcome. What an interesting and incredible Orange Crush bottle... I have studied Orange Crush bottles for many years including writing three editions of a book on such, and have never seen this bottle!! I researched a lot of bottles made by the Orange Crush Bottling Companies which produced bottles for other brands of soft drinks. However my research never allowed my to include a chapter on such. Your bottle does however, look like a legitimate Orange Crush drink - but I am still cautious as in one of your pictures, there is a suspicion of "Orange Crush Bottling Co" under the scripted word 'Orange.' Swirled glass bottles were very prominent with Wishing Well drinks, a hallmark of Canadian soft drinks. (cf. Wishing Well Soda, in Soda Spectrum, Issue 52, 2009, written by me) That company produced many swirled glass bottles. I have included a couple of photographs -poor, which are from that article. I also include a picture, from my book, of a partially swirled bottle with Orange Crush embossed on it - the other side of that bottle (not shown) had Bottling Co. Certainly your bottle appears unique and rare... would appreciated multiple, pictures of that bottle sent by email to mrosman@sympatico.ca Hopefully other Orange Crush collectors will offer an opinion.... welcome again. Michael

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.39.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.39.27 PM.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.39.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.39.56 PM.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.49.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.49.43 PM.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.23.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.23.16 PM.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 44
  • s-l1600-3 copy 10.jpg
    s-l1600-3 copy 10.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 48

RNorwood

Reaction score
Hi Kari... welcome. What an interesting and incredible Orange Crush bottle... I have studied Orange Crush bottles for many years including writing three editions of a book on such, and have never seen this bottle!! I researched a lot of bottles made by the Orange Crush Bottling Companies which produced bottles for other brands of soft drinks. However my research never allowed my to include a chapter on such. Your bottle does however, look like a legitimate Orange Crush drink - but I am still cautious as in one of your pictures, there is a suspicion of "Orange Crush Bottling Co" under the scripted word 'Orange.' Swirled glass bottles were very prominent with Wishing Well drinks, a hallmark of Canadian soft drinks. (cf. Wishing Well Soda, in Soda Spectrum, Issue 52, 2009, written by me) That company produced many swirled glass bottles. I have included a couple of photographs -poor, which are from that article. I also include a picture, from my book, of a partially swirled bottle with Orange Crush embossed on it - the other side of that bottle (not shown) had Bottling Co. Certainly your bottle appears unique and rare... would appreciated multiple, pictures of that bottle sent by email to mrosman@sympatico.ca Hopefully other Orange Crush collectors will offer an opinion.... welcome again. Michael
Those are interesting images, Mickey; I love the O C Swirl bottle. I have seen many Orange Crush Bottling Company bottles, but never one like Kair's example. I hope the images will be forwarded to you. I will be interested in your final opinion.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2