Blue Standing Bass bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dshaneb

Reaction score
This bottle has a lip-tooled top as evidenced by the concentric rings that obscure the top edge of the seams, so I'm guessing between 1880-1910. The base is an oblong, smooth octagon shape with the seam on the bottle's right running from the top of the octagon base to near the edge of the bottle's face, then up to near the tooled lip. The seam on the bottle's left starts at the bottom edge of the octagon base and makes its way along the edge near the back face of the bottle up to near the tooled lip. There are bubbles in the glass. I have no digital camera, so this is the single ebay photo of the bottle. I have seen many violin-shaped bottles in the past, but never a standing bass. The bottle has no markings from a manufacturer, and I was just wondering if anyone knew any history or value. It is around 8 inches tall.

Thanks,
Shane

Ki18891.jpg

grdigger35

Reaction score
Kovel's 11th edition has a Sapphire Blue 7 1/2" Violin with tooled lip listed under Figural Glass, at $65.00.

dshaneb

Reaction score
This one was advertised and also looks more like a standing bass than a violin to me, but could it actually be a form of violin? Thanks for the info grdigger35. And I said "nice" when I saw it, which is why I picked it up, bottlebank. :)

Shane

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson