Boss spend $1350 on a storage unit but nothing good in it at all

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

margclearlake

Reaction score
cant really speak to your situation. the problem i have with buying the units is i feel guilty about all the personal family stuff in it, but how do you say. you can have the personal but i want to keep the valuable.

margclearlake

Reaction score
heres story bout one i bought. bought it for 5 dollars, yes, $5. there was a thousand dollar ovation guitar in it. more on that later. i was reading all the personal stuff and then burning it off, i started to realize that most of it was scorched. looked up the owner and found out that she had died in a mobile home fire and this was all her stuff. on the guitar, the case is scorched and smells, but it did its job and protected its guitar, which is fine. how do you seperate them? I still have most of her stuff. use her lip balm, nail polish, stamps, etc. she is a part of my life.

margclearlake

Reaction score
stuff that was too scorched is in the yard. so i can sit and think of her., she had tons of crystal serving dishes, so i engraved them with her name, in memory of and got them to her Catholic church that she was very involved with. i sold some stuff on ebay, but one got returned. the boyfriend of the buyer didnt want death stuff in the house. i didnt get the baby teeth to the cemetary where her ashes are. i suppose i could send them to the caretaker with a donation. I buried all the religious statues along with the holy water at the local cemetary. I was swap meeting and had some large "leg lamp" xmas stockings and a guy stopped and said he had some when he was young. i told him to take them, he got real sad and said no. i recognized him as one of the kids she had saved out of the fire, and now it gets weird,

margclearlake

Reaction score
when i was reading her writings, she had prison letters from some guy. he had beaten her and her kids and was in for awhile. reading on, she pulled away from him,then he started threatening her. saying that her mobile home could catch on fire and kill her. which is exactly what happened at 1 in the morning. i had already burned off alot of these letters. I contacted the fire marshall and asked him to reopen the investigation. he refused. and he told me that the investigator that had gone out was so freaked out that he came back to the office, set the camera on the desk and quit., i feel terrible not to have gotten justice for her.

margclearlake

Reaction score
The fire marshals reasoning that it was an accident was based on the fact that she was home at the time so it couldnt have been arson. but it was at one in the morning. the pictures show it started in the middlle of the home, where the water heater was. and it was electric and she had been writinng the prison guy about having trouble with it. fire marshal ruled it started in the kitchen from extension cords, but the kitchen was fairly unburnt. i just feel so bad for her.

Kaleb Pusateri

Reaction score
wanted to share with you a story which has been annoying me endlessly the last 2 weeks and still not clear how it will end . a few months ago i started a part time job at this local business that buys and sells things mostly thru an online auction system . typically they get things from consignors or houses which are being cleared out . but now and then buy storage units , this is the first and only unit they've got during the time i've worked there

recall about 2 weeks ago i showed up and they were bidding on it on the computer , i recall seeing the price and though it was too much and mentioned i didn't think it be worth it but they claimed they could make the money back ( this was before they had actually seen what was inside )
then later that day when they won the auction they started to go there to remove the items , but started to soon realise it was junk , mainly 20-30 boxes , most only have paper or books in them ( not even good books alot of text books out of date ) , some boxes also had kitchen stuff , paper is old school work some of it goes back the the 90's this person saved it for that long . some baseball cards mixed in too , and 2 coca cola cans from 80's/90's but one still had liquid in it and got threw out as it leaking , a bottle too one of those sobe ones i find but not sure what they did with it might of got thrown out too. were also throwing out alot of the baseball cards which makes no sense as they were of perhaps some value

some furniture/ upholstered chairs but mostly damaged or had mice poo on it so all went to the dump , kept the small metal table and 4 chairs , also an air conditioner but yet to plug it in to see if it works and 2 speakers or amps but yet to test either

the boxes have been sitting here for 2 weeks now on a shelve in the warehouse and they refuse to yet me look thru them , wondering if they'll be gone when i return after the easter break . ( note they went thru 2 boxes one day when i was not there , they only contained some paper and a few baseball cards they didn't seem to even keep , was also 1 box that had alot of pennies and nickels in plastic bins but wouldn't be more than $20 worth of coins in them ) so i suspect they might go thru the rest perhaps so no one else sees the junk they paid this much money for

i also found out who originally owned the unit as his name on all the papers , was from another city and came here to work at an addictions treatment centre as a counsellor but got fired due to misconduct ( had dated a client and tried to cover it up , thing i saw also indicated he had some sort of foot fetish as he had been accused of taking pictures of her feet ) sometime between 2020-2022 so likely abandoned the unit and left little of any value as he would of been broke as he had no job

these are pictures of the actual unit as they appeared on auction website , does it look like its worth $1350 its only a small 5 x 10 end unit not an actual full size unit , i see little of value in the pictures but a bunch of boxes and a vaccum , can also see the speakers almost like it was staged so buyer though it contain musical instruments which it did not

View attachment 245279View attachment 245280View attachment 245281View attachment 245282View attachment 245283
They threw out baseball cards?

RCO

Reaction score
i wasn't there last week but when i was there the week before , finally went thru this stuff and photographed what was deemed sellable in the next auction , was maybe like 50 lots but might of been some more stuff done when i wasn't there but doubt much of it will go for big money

some used electronics , old music magazines , sports cards , video game stuff , some books

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen