Chemung spring water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DDay 1972

Reaction score
I'm looking for more information on this bottle Chemung spring water heavily embossed 5 gallon and Value

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Dave - I guess you hit it lucky with your opost. I spent 15 years working for Thatcher Glass in Elmira NY and that is in Chemung County- and they made a lot of the gallon size jugs for the Chemung Spring Water Co.. I have four or five five gallon jugs in New York. And some of them have a ground finish and glass stoppers. If you can send me a picture or a set of pictures of the finish, the bottlle and the bottom of the bottle, I can tell you some more about it. I also have eight or ten of the gallon size jugs also. Most of them had a threaded finish and screwed on caps. The old five gallon ones were shipped in wooden boxes that held six of them. I almost had a crate full at an auction but it went over my fund level - so I don;t know where it went. The glass stopper ones seem to price out at $75 to $125 depending on condition and how bad someone wants them. I don't have one with a pontil mark on the bottom. Does yours???My email is <RedMatthews@yahoo.com> RED M.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
This is an old thread, but digging around in my glass, i found four, one gallon size bottles with the ground glass stoppers. Have you had any more luck? RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers