citrate of magnesia

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Holindaze

Reaction score
are there hundreds of varrities of this type as I have found quite a few different ones and saw even more at antique stores, seems you could have a large collection of different ones.

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Holindaze

are there hundreds of varrities of this type as I have found quite a few different ones and saw even more at antique stores, seems you could have a large collection of different ones.
You are correct, there are hundreds of variants. One of the interesting features is that MOST of the collars / finishes are the same configuration and it seems to be unique to C. o. M.s. I suppose that was on purpose so that the non-readng public could identify the product just by looking at its shape.

chosi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlguy
I suppose that was on purpose so that the non-readng public could identify the product just by looking at its shape.

Thats funny, I'm always complaining that the non-bottle-collecting public of today gets these bottles confused with blob-top soda bottles. I think there are plenty of antique dealers out there who are shown a blob-top and a crown-top, and told that the blobs are valuable and the crowns are not. So they see C of M bottles, and buy them thinking they're 1800's sodas. I think they do the same thing with modern day "Grolsch" bottles too.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib