Coca-Cola Star of David Sharon PA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ramullet

Reaction score
62DEA43E-9B54-4C91-85DA-A61A6DB30C2C.jpeg
UNOPENED Coca-Cola Sharon, PA Star of David Bottle

I purchased a box of old bottles and this was included in the box.
It’s an unopened embossed straight side Coca-Cola flavor bottle from Sharon, PA with the Star of David on it.
I’ve seen just a handful online of empty bottles like this ranging from $510 10 years ago to $80 2 years ago.
Mine is still unopened and it has the red lettering which I have not seen any others with it.
It does have a fairly large chip on the bottom edge of it.
Looking for a current value on it.
$100, $500, $1,000 or more?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What does the cap say? It's very easy to refill a bottle, so I'm always skeptical about this sort of thing actually containing the original contents. Bottle caps from that era were also lined with cork and it seems very unlikely to me that a thin cork seal would have lasted for 90-ish years without any evaporation. Where did you see one of these selling for $510? I have a hard time imagining a Coca Cola flavour bottle selling for anywhere near that much, they really aren't very collectible since they aren't considered actual Coke bottles. Usually they sell in the $5-20 range. One like yours sold for $9 twelve years ago: https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d...a-cola-co-star-of-david-bottle-sharon-pa.html I can't find any others which will let me see the sold price.

Personally I'd be very surprised if yours sold for anything more than $100, and I hate to say it but I suspect that yours isn't worth anywhere near even that much, especially when you consider the damage to the base.

ramullet

Reaction score
What does the cap say? It's very easy to refill a bottle, so I'm always skeptical about this sort of thing actually containing the original contents. Bottle caps from that era were also lined with cork and it seems very unlikely to me that a thin cork seal would have lasted for 90-ish years without any evaporation. Where did you see one of these selling for $510? I have a hard time imagining a Coca Cola flavour bottle selling for anywhere near that much, they really aren't very collectible since they aren't considered actual Coke bottles. Usually they sell in the $5-20 range. One like yours sold for $9 twelve years ago: https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d...a-cola-co-star-of-david-bottle-sharon-pa.html I can't find any others which will let me see the sold price.

Personally I'd be very surprised if yours sold for anything more than $100, and I hate to say it but I suspect that yours isn't worth anywhere near even that much, especially when you consider the damage to the base.
I saw the sold listings on worthpoint.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I saw the sold listings on worthpoint.
Well, if you're interested in selling it, put it up as an auction on Ebay with a starting bid of one dollar and see what it gets. That's the only real way to know value when it comes to bottles. Otherwise it's just rough guesses.

SODABOB

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the bottle and don't know it's true value. I suppose it depends on how much someone wants it. Apparently these bidders from 2014 wanted it pretty bad. Condition would be a factor as well.

Bob

Coca Cola Bottle Star of David.png
Coca Cola Bottle Star of David.jpg

Last edited:

npochiba

Reaction score
View attachment 249011UNOPENED Coca-Cola Sharon, PA Star of David Bottle

I purchased a box of old bottles and this was included in the box.
It’s an unopened embossed straight side Coca-Cola flavor bottle from Sharon, PA with the Star of David on it.
I’ve seen just a handful online of empty bottles like this ranging from $510 10 years ago to $80 2 years ago.
Mine is still unopened and it has the red lettering which I have not seen any others with it.
It does have a fairly large chip on the bottom edge of it.
Looking for a current value on it.
$100, $500, $1,000 or more?
Would you be willing to sell this bottle? I actually just purchased the former home of the owners of this Coca Cola bottling plant (which has since been sold off and closed). It would be nice to have “artifacts” like this in the home. Please let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen