Coke Swastika watch fob.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Made before WWII and Hilter making the swastika a symbol of fear, this watch fob still gives me a bad feeling.Lisa

Attachments

• 0bd0573189c545c0a4c88d84a4a3d9f8.jpg
    0bd0573189c545c0a4c88d84a4a3d9f8.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 71

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
That would go swell with my German coin collection. [:D] Sadly I barely missed out once on getting a coin with none-other than a few Swastikas. German stuff-- Nazi or otherwise-- always interests me.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Fantastic fob, I'd bet it is worth some decent cash. Personally, the swastika evokes a sense of enigmatic power, but has never bothered me. I bought a sleeper WW2 swastika flag for a buck back in 6th grade, and had it hanging in my room for a month or two, at which point the parents told me to take it down and sell it on eBay, lol.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Better than what my mom would have done with it. She thinks the symbol embodies Evil. But the horizontal version means peace, yes?

glass man

Reaction score
Your watch fob lists for $185 in my 2001 copy of Petretti's coke guide...since this is 2001 ED.I would guess the price has gone up on them..considered a great source for coke items.It is from the 20's and before HITLER got a hold of it the swastika stood for good luck! I also HATE anything connected with HITLER..MY DAD fought the NAZI'S all the way from AFRICA TO MUNICH GERMANY..DAD did have little help though!![:)] JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think it was a Hitler time period but before the WWII. Maybe it was made for the 36 Olympics when Hitler, the US and Coke were still "friendly". [8|]Any other info on it?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
Better than what my mom would have done with it. She thinks the symbol embodies Evil. But the horizontal version means peace, yes?
That would have to be looked at in several ways, political, economic and practical. Politically the US and Coke would still be neutral. Economically, Coke would still be wanting to sell the product. Practicably, the fob would still have to fit right in a vest or coat pocket correctly. Another thing to be considered is that the Olympics are determined years in advance and souvenirs created in advance also.The diagonal thing started about 1933 so it all kind of fits time wise.I'm just thinking out loud.When did Coke start internationally?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Whatever it is, it's pretty cool. But would make some people shiver whenever they drink Coke and think of it.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Jamie, It is men like your father that have given us our freedoms today. I am so glad that he was there to fight for what was right. By the way, the fob is not mine, I just saw it on the internet and posted it. I have no other info on it. It shocked me so much when I saw it, i was wondering how Coke got involved in something that would be so detrimental to their sales.Lisa

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Collecting it as a part of history is fine, collecting it for what it came to stand for is another. I guess that's a matter of opinion though. There is a WWII museum in Mass that displays all countries artifacts as just a part of history and not as a political statement. I think that's how it needs to be thought of now. Not as right or wrong, just as a remembrance to the millions that died. Anyone can look at the atrocities that have taken place in history (and there have been thousands) but not everyone can justify them. Slavery, the Indian wars, religious persecution etc. etc and the killings that went with it in just the short life of this county are all a part of us It has been, is and will continue to be a part of human nature. Sucks, don't it?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL