Digging a John Eichler Blob-Top Beer (Feb. 20th 2023)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Got out late today, around 4:30pm. The air was warm as the sun hung low and dusk descended across the bay. One would almost forget they were in the heart of a major metropolis as the silence was so profound. There was neither the sound of cars nor the chattering of crowds, all was peaceful and quiet.

There was but the sound of my footsteps and shovel, endlessly piercing the clay, searching for the treasures hidden below. Suddenly, *thunk!*, a glass bottle, somewhere buried below. I dig and dig, and then I see it, an old tooled-blob poking just above the clay.
20230220_213654.jpg

I excavated it carefully with my hands. Here it has been, for 120 years undisturbed until now patiently waiting for me.
20230220_171107.jpg

Polish_20230220_212135277.jpg

As I unearthed the artifact the silence in the air was broken by the sound of music. Through the quietness, somewhere on the other side of the water's edge, a saxophone began to play a lonely tune. Somewhere someone else was out here too doing what they loved.

And so I kept digging, and the saxophone kept playing, and the sun kept setting, until the darkness finally came and all became quiet again.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles