English codd and tooth bottle fairy bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

photolitherland

Reaction score
I just got these bottles from a pawn shop owner here, it was the same guy that gave me the demijohn type bottle.

add83ecc.jpg

This bottle has a weird tooth shaped or something bottle with wings on it. I believe it's English and has the original rubber stopper for the internal screw mold. It says thos rothwell and sons and on the bottom says Bolton, probably a town in England. I'll look that up in just a second. I looked up rothwell and sons and couldn't find any info online about them. I'm fairly certain the bottle dates to around 1900 or so.

ca58b4e5.jpg

This bottle is also an internal screw top and says wood and watson, Durham. I couldn't find any info or any of these for sale anywhere online either. Hopefully they are fairly rare. What would these bottles held? Soda?

e08170f3.jpg

This last one is a codd obviously but I couldn't find this certain bottle either. It reads, John r pennington workshop. The middle says chemists 6 potter street. I thought these were all sodas too but I could be mistaken.

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think the term chemist is as common over there as druggist and apothecary here. If they are similar the drugstore/chemist may well have sold soda same as they do here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL