Enough

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Wow quite the stash you found there MP!. I put a pile of common ones I had out at my booth at the local antique mall. They sell slowly here in maine for 3 bucks, so I put em out for a dollar or two and then they sold, pays gas money for the day! [;)] Taz

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
I geuss we know where those electric boys took their lunch ! I am willing to bet not much has changed over the years. Try going at 12 noon and see how many miller lite cans you find. Im just jealous !

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You can always put little lights in them and hang them on your Christmas tree.LoL

Since a real tree or even an atificial one won't support them you could make one. Time to get the welder out and buy some good sturdy re-bar.

dirtflicker

Reaction score
DirtFlicker Special:
He loves these. Prays for em.

73EBE347B2CE49FF9F61F484ACBE41F8.jpg

about 5 seconds after I dug those I would be playing a game called shovel bottle basher........[8D]

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Found a great insulator dump like that as a kid. Seems they straightened out Rt 1 near my hometown and when they did the old lines were taken down and all the insulators ended up on the stream bank under slabs of concrete. We got about 150 of them, many with patent dates faintly embossed on the tops. As for the three in one oil bottles I have a unique use for them: When we have baptisms at church they ask everyone to bring in a little water, which they mix together and make "holy water" out of. I found the little aqua three in ones to be perfect for this (trinity)and then give the bottle to the parents.

bottlecol345

Reaction score
The porcelain one is a U#169 or U #172. You will probably find another crown embossed brookfield, which are worth about $7-$10 each. Regular brookfield styles are usually worth around a dollar or two. Keep looking around though, you could find a rare one. I was digging through a dump full of commons, then a threadless pops out of the ground!!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hey Dirt !
You cant be smashin the cheapo bottles. The Bottle Gods frown apon you! It brings bad luck!! You have to set them aside for future beginner bottle diggers decades from now.

Trust me, you gotta get all the positive mojo for diggin you can get :)

It's just my superstition, that, and making sure I never kill any worms as I dig

Bram

deepwoods

Reaction score
Bram - You're a man after my own heart. Minimizing "collateral casualties" can be a real chore when you're diggin' though. Aside from the usual worms, Ive dug up nests of hibernating salamanders, (very) homocidal yellow jacket nests, and this last winter p*ssed off the red squirrels (they let me know about it lol) by accidently digging up their stash of nuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson