found more flat top cans - 7up, Patio-Root Beer , Wink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
here is some more pictures of the cans i found this weekend at same dump site .

kind of rusted and in beat up condition but all 3 are flat top cans

7 up " fresh up with seven up " , but it was lying outdoors so in rough shape but still has some colour .

Canada dry - Wink . have found this can before but pretty sure others were all pull top not flat top .has a fair bit of the original green and yellow colour on front with some damage on back

Patio Root Beer which is one i have not found before . can't read alot of the can , but says Root Beer on front and side . back really beat up but neat to see an example .

DSC06128.JPG
DSC06130.JPG
DSC06134.JPG

Canadacan

Reaction score
Tough can to find is the Wink, the Patio is much more common in a pull top.
Great stuff!

RCO

Reaction score
Great stuff!
pretty sure i have never found the wink in a flat top before , but have found several different Wink cans in pull top over the years

haven't found the patio root beer in pull top either

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Great stuff!
Have you seen the Patio in a flat top with this colour scheme? I couldn't find any examples of it pictured online, none on canmuseum.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Have you seen the Patio in a flat top with this colour scheme? I couldn't find any examples of it pictured online, none on canmuseum.
Yes, thing is they do not fade and erode like you would think. I have my PT on canmuseum. I do not have the RB in flat top, but I do have the orange in flat top and pull top. If you look carefully at the Patio is is still dark like once was, I've been fooled before thinking I've found a new variation. That is not the case here.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yes, thing is they do not fade and erode like you would think. I have my PT on canmuseum. I do not have the RB in flat top, but I do have the orange in flat top and pull top. If you look carefully at the Patio is is still dark like once was, I've been fooled before thinking I've found a new variation. That is not the case here.
Oh wow I see what you mean, yeah I would never have thought the white would turn brown and the brown would turn white, but I see it now!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh wow I see what you mean, yeah I would never have thought the white would turn brown and the brown would turn white, but I see it now!
Yes because the first color down was white then maybe the blue, then brown, then white again. I guess the order of paint application has everything to do with how the can ends up fading in this fashion....it's pretty fascinating!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator