Found This Hutch In My Local Antique Store..HELP!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tsalz14

Reaction score
Yesterday, I stopped into an antique store that I check every so often. This time I spotted a hutch labeled 'Registered hallett table water co- Bridgeport,Ct' with a picture of an indian and some other writing. I mostly only collect acls, so I have no clure of this bottle's value. It is priced at $50. Any help on info and the worth of this bottle will help me a lot. Thanks. [attachment=image1.JPG]

Attachments

• 595770bf1adc413aa3a833fee641bb13.jpg
    595770bf1adc413aa3a833fee641bb13.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 82

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I just looked on hutch book.com and it is rated as R for rare. That doesn't always mean it is worth a whole lot. Though in this case it may be due to the pictorial on it. It is your call if you like it buy it. Or you could try to get it for a little less and try to resell it. Your choice. P.S. That is a killer bottle!

botlguy

Reaction score
If you have the wherewithal (money) I think you should offer $35 but buy it for what you have to. I would do just that. I believe you can make money on it or have a GREAT start to a Hutch collection. Jim

tsalz14

Reaction score
Okay, guys. Thanks a lot for your knowledge and advice. I will definitely go after the hutch tomorrow or early next week. The store is low traffic so I'm sure it will still be there waiting for me. It is really a neat piece. Thanks again.

Any other members who have any input will still be very helpful.
Tyler

hemihampton

Reaction score
Whats the Hutch next to it, maybe buy that one also? Are you just buying to Flip or Keep? LEON.

tsalz14

Reaction score
It is a John Clancy from New Haven, CT. I don't know the price on that one, but does anyone know what a good buy (price) would be for that one? I did not read the tag for that one.

tsalz14

Reaction score
I would be primarily looking to flip, but wouldn't mind keeping them for a while if I know they have a higher value than what I paid. Thanks
Tyler

hemihampton

Reaction score
It seems hard for me to put a price on anything because prices are all over. LEON.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Sp I have six or so hutches. Two were for an old town drug store - and I think they were sales mans samples. I have a couple others, just for discussion. One has the stopper. RED M.

tsalz14

Reaction score
UPDATE- NEED HELP

Today, I went back to the store to purchase the bottle. I looked it over again and saw a chip in the glass. I didn't buy it before asking for advice. Does this chip hurt the value? Can I still make money (and how much)? Is it still a good buy for resale? I have made a gallery of pictures I took of the chip on this link: http://imgur.com/a/SF65d
Please help. Thank you all so much!
Tyler

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday