Hello from Manitoba

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

walksoftly

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been looking around the forum for a while trying to learn a few things and felt it was time that I said hello. Back a few months ago my siblings and I went through a building that contained things that my parents had collected over the years and some items that my dad had acquired from cleaning up his elderly cousins estate. I will be posting a few things that I would like to learn more about. In the meantime here is a couple of photos of some of the items that we pulled out and cleaned up.

Attachments

• IMG_4190.1.JPG
    IMG_4190.1.JPG
    740.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4193.1.jpg
    IMG_4193.1.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 40

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Greetings from a fellow Canadian & welcome to A-B.N! Those are some pretty heavily-laden tables you have there!

At first glance I see you have quite a bit of more recent vintage bottles & jars, however, there may be some hidden gems in there that have greater monetary value.

Might I suggest you concentrate, initially, on examples to show that have non-threaded tops, embossed ( raised ) lettering and / or air bubbling within the glass - these are hallmarks of older examples of bottle-making. Further, spend some time at: sha.org/bottle/

It is an excellent website to educate yourself on all aspects of antique bottles.

walksoftly

Reaction score
Greetings from a fellow Canadian & welcome to A-B.N! Those are some pretty heavily-laden tables you have there!

At first glance I see you have quite a bit of more recent vintage bottles & jars, however, there may be some hidden gems in there that have greater monetary value.

Might I suggest you concentrate, initially, on examples to show that have non-threaded tops, embossed ( raised ) lettering and / or air bubbling within the glass - these are hallmarks of older examples of bottle-making. Further, spend some time at: sha.org/bottle/

It is an excellent website to educate yourself on all aspects of antique bottles.
Yes, the majority of them are screw top bottles even though they don't hold much value they are interesting.

I did find the sha.org site, lot's of information there, I'm trying to educate myself on some of it. Makes me want to go dig for some real old stuff.

I will try and get some pictures and post some of the older ones.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2