Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Howdy, curious if anyone out there can help identify this clear glass "DIXIE" bottle a relative found in the woods here in Eastern North Carolina decades ago. Appears to be 10oz so assumed a soda perhaps? Couldn't find a single one that resembled it when searching Google a bunch of different ways so figured I'd join to see if anyone on here could help me out. Also curious on any possible rarity? Thanks in advance!
20240130_084318.jpg

Attachments

• 20240130_084329.jpg
    20240130_084329.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240130_084345.jpg
    20240130_084345.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 53

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Made by the Laurens Glass Works I would assume post-1940. The texturing on the bottle is not something commonly seen on bottles until around 1930 but at least in my area, most of the earlier ones were 6 1/2oz. 10oz. bottles to my knowledge only became popular in the late 1940s. Again, just in my area.

Overall probably 1930-1980+. Check for date codes, that'll give you more context.

I believe this is the company.

Attachments

• LaurensGW.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Made by the Laurens Glass Works I would assume post-1940. The texturing on the bottle is not something commonly seen on bottles until around 1930 but at least in my area, most of the earlier ones were 6 1/2oz. 10oz. bottles to my knowledge only became popular in the late 1940s. Again, just in my area.

Overall probably 1930-1980+. Check for date codes, that'll give you more context.

I believe this is the company.
Thanks for all the info!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty certain it's not related to that Dixie Coca Cola company. There was a major North Carolina bottler called Dixie Refreshments which I would assume your bottle is from. It would have had a paper label although I wasn't able to find any examples online.

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
Howdy, curious if anyone out there can help identify this clear glass "DIXIE" bottle a relative found in the woods here in Eastern North Carolina decades ago. Appears to be 10oz so assumed a soda perhaps? Couldn't find a single one that resembled it when searching Google a bunch of different ways so figured I'd join to see if anyone on here could help me out. Also curious on any possible rarity? Thanks in advance!View attachment 252530
I wonder if it could be from Dixie Brewery in New Orleans? The lettering looks the same, but I've never seen one like this with the stippling.

Reaction score
I wonder if it could be from Dixie Brewery in New Orleans? The lettering looks the same, but I've never seen one like this with the stippling.
That was my first thought, but I haven't seen any examples of theirs in a clear bottle. Also didn't know if they'd ever packaged in a 10oz bottle?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty certain it's not related to that Dixie Coca Cola company. There was a major North Carolina bottler called Dixie Refreshments which I would assume your bottle is from. It would have had a paper label although I wasn't able to find any examples online.
Thanks, happy to be here! Dixie Refreshments would make an awful lot of sense being that it was found here in Eastern North Carolina. Still killing me there's no other similar comps online anywhere to compare to! Ha

DS12560

Reaction score
Thanks, happy to be here! Dixie Refreshments would make an awful lot of sense being that it was found here in Eastern North Carolina. Still killing me there's no other similar comps online anywhere to compare to! Ha
I know the feeling. We think the internet is all knowing, but it does occasionally get skunked. I could not find another bottle like this, which is what got me to join and hope ID'ing

Attachments

• odd codd.jpg
    odd codd.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 24
  • save.jpg
    save.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads