High Rock Ginger Ale Co bottle question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Another thing I'm trying to figure out is why most of the Glenshaw seltzer bottles have secondary numbers but some of them don't. Take this bottle for example, its a standard/green/etched and yet there is no secondary number. ???

[G] L-12

Glenshaw Seltzer Bottle L-12 Etched.jpg

Glenshaw Seltzer Bottle L-12 Base.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
I took a look at my notes and picture files and the only Glenshaw seltzer bottles I can confirm as not having a secondary number are ...

G-12 Standard/Clear/ACL

H-10 Standard/Green/Etched

K-2 Standard/Green/Etched

K-10 Standard/Clear/ACL

L-12 Standard/Green/Etched

Do you see a anything that makes sense and might explain why these particular bottles don't have a secondary number? The only common denominator I can see is that they are all standard-style bottles. But that doesn't fully explain it either because there are ample examples of standard-style bottles that do have secondary numbers.

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
I found two examples of another brand specific bottle which are ...

H-3 346
I-2 346

Standard - Clear - Embossed

The 346 is the brand specific number and stands for ...

Rock Creek ~ Washington, D.C.

Upon finding this bottle I realized that all fully embossed bottles, such as the "Club Seltzer" bottle from Pittsburgh, Pa. I posted earlier, have a specific number designated to them. This makes sense because a fully embossed bottle could only be used by that specific brand. Whereas unembossed bottles could be etched or have and acl label applied to them for any brand. The etching and/or acl label would have been applied after the bottle was molded. I have not seen a green Rock Creek bottle. Every example I've seen are clear glass.

Glenshaw Seltzer Bottle H-3 346 I-2 346 Embossed Rock Creek Wash. DC.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
To Update ...

Because of the repetitive consistency of the bottles examined thus far, I believe it is safe to say that what I have been calling "Secondary Numbers" such as 137, 805, 1284 are Style code numbers. By "Style" I'm referring to the general shape of the bottle. Of those examined thus far ...

The 137 style number only appears on bottles that have either an M or an N date letter. But why this is I do not presently know. Additionally, the 137 only appears on Standard Style bottles such as M-11 137, N-2 137, N-6 137, N-9 137. I have not seen the 137 on any other bottles and they appear to only have been produced in M=1941 and N=1942.

The 805 style number only appears on Multi-sided bottles that have a Round shoulder and only on H-9 bottles. H=1936.

The 1284 style number only appears on Multi-sided bottles that have a Flat shoulder and only on H-9 and I-1 bottles. H=1936 and I=1937

Note: At some point I hope to create a chart that will simplify everything but I'm not there, yet.

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
P.S.

Regarding Color ...

I have not seen a code number or letter that seems to relate to color. I'm thinking that just about any bottle could have been ordered in either clear (Flint) or in green depending on the preference of the bottler. The mold itself would not have to be color specific and some days the glass factories would pour clear (Flint) glass and other days green glass depending on the "batch" created for that particular day/week.

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Regarding the Numbers that follow the Date Letters ...

Because the numbers I've seen only range between 1 and 12 ​its possible (but unconfirmed) that they might represent months of the year.

SODABOB

Reaction score
And if you weren't confused enough already, there are these little boogers I'm trying to figure out ...

I have seen five different examples and all five are marked with [G] 528

Of the five examples I've seen, four are Standard-Style, Clear Glass, Etched. The fifth one is also a Standard-Style and Clear but it is not etched and has a paper label. All five examples are completely different brands.

Here's one of the etched examples, which is the only one I could find that had a picture of the base. I do not know what the 528 stands for except to say the bottles do not have a Letter-Number code on them. They only have the [G] mark and 528

Glenshaw Seltzer Bottle 528 Etched.jpg

Glenshaw Seltzer Bottle 528 (3).jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
For future reference / search ...

This seltzer bottle was described as being embossed on the base with ...

[G] J-12

Unfortunately, this is the only picture of the bottle it showed and there was no picture of the base. I'm not going to officially categorize it until I can find additional confirmation. However, it gives me hope that Glenshaw 'J' bottles might very well exist.

Country Club Sparkling Water ~ Amboy, New Jersey

[G] J-12 ~ Standard Style ~ Clear Glass ~ Etched ( J = 1938 )

Glenshaw Seltzer Bottle J-12 Country Club Amboy, New Jersey.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Here's another "High Rock" seltzer bottle that was described as being marked with ...

[G] 422

Although unconfirmed, because one side of the bottle is fully embossed and the other side has an ACL label, I'm thinking the 422 is brand specific for High Rock. Remember, embossed bottles could only have been used by that particular brand because the machined portion of the mold itself would have been permanent.

ACL Side

High Rock Seltzer Bottle 422 ACL.jpg

Embossed Side

High Rock Seltzer Bottle 422 ACL Embossed Brand Specific.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229